The Student Room Group

Foundation course finance

I'm planning on applying to drama schools next year. I'm applying to some 1 year foundation courses and was wondering if I get funding for a foundation course, can I then get funding to do a 3 year BA (Hons) or not? As it stands I know I'll only receive loans and no grants due to household income.
Original post by Little_ramblings
I'm planning on applying to drama schools next year. I'm applying to some 1 year foundation courses and was wondering if I get funding for a foundation course, can I then get funding to do a 3 year BA (Hons) or not? As it stands I know I'll only receive loans and no grants due to household income.

If it's equivalent to a foundation year then yes I would think you would do :smile:
Reply 2
As it stands I know I'll only receive loans and no grants due to household income.

This is the last year of grants. From next year, Student Finance will only give Maintenance Loans. These will still be income-assessed though.

It should say on the drama school websites pages. For example Lamda say on their page that their foundation diploma is not eligible for student finance funding and you'd need to self fund http://www.lamda.org.uk/drama-school/all-courses/lamda-foundation-diploma However their foundation degrees in Professional Acting and Stage Management would attract funding.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
It should say on the drama school websites pages. For example Lamda say on their page that their foundation diploma is not eligible for student finance funding and you'd need to self fund http://www.lamda.org.uk/drama-school/all-courses/lamda-foundation-diploma However their foundation degrees in Professional Acting and Stage Management would attract funding.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
If it's equivalent to a foundation year then yes I would think you would do :smile:

Yes it is. Thank you for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending