The Student Room Group

Applying to Optometry with a Med Application

Hi,

Needed some help
Obviously we can all just have one personal statement. Due to grades and stuff, I don't think i stand a huge chance of getting an offer from medicine, so I am applying to 3 Optometry unis and 2 med unis. Anyone else done this? How can I find out if i can use a medical personal statement for optometry ?

Still want to give med a go, so please don't tell me to pick one - still need a place I can definitely go to and optom is still competitve
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 9836vicky
Hi,

Needed some help
Obviously we can all just have one personal statement. Due to grades and stuff, I don't think i stand a huge chance of getting an offer from medicine, so I am applying to 3 Optometry unis and 2 med unis. Anyone else done this? How can I find out if i can use a medical personal statement for optometry ?

Still want to give med a go, so please don't tell me to pick one - still need a place I can definitely go to and optom is still competitve

I know someone who applied for Pharmacy, Optom, biomed and biosci and got 5 offers back. It is possible but you need to be careful.
Reply 2
Original post by Icecream1
I know someone who applied for Pharmacy, Optom, biomed and biosci and got 5 offers back. It is possible but you need to be careful.

That's useful, thats such a range! thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest