The Student Room Group

What is the amount of work needed ?

Hi,
So I will be studying:

A Level Maths
A Level Physics
A Level Biology
A Level Chemistry

How many hours a day after college should I dedicate to the subjects ?

I will be starting in September, do you have any advice on anything that I should learn before I start any of these subjects ?

Any tips ?

Thanks
Reply 1
I have no tips on those specific subjects as I didn't do any but I would say from what my friends have said about them, they are very challenging which I'm sure you know. Generally you should be working at a rate you are comfortable with, there is no set time as everyone's different but giving as much time as you can is required. Making sure you are up to date with notes made, making sure you've done them after each lesson/week of lessons. The worst thing you could do is start revising 2 weeks before the exam as you will regret it undoubtedly unless you remember a lot of it. Making notes is essential throughout the year to remember information.
Original post by money-for-all
Hi,
So I will be studying:

A Level Maths
A Level Physics
A Level Biology
A Level Chemistry

How many hours a day after college should I dedicate to the subjects ?

I will be starting in September, do you have any advice on anything that I should learn before I start any of these subjects ?

Any tips ?

Thanks

I did exactly the same subjects as you and there is no specific 'amount' in hours. It's generally about how much content you can go through.
I was always told in college that you are expected to spend the same amount of hours studying at home as you spend in lessons. These hours of course include both homework and extra revision. Just do your best to organize properly, do not overwork yourself, and take breaks when you need to. :smile:
Original post by BioStudentx
I did exactly the same subjects as you and there is no specific 'amount' in hours. It's generally about how much content you can go through.

Would you recommend doing anything (which topics to read up on etc) before starting these subjects ?
Original post by money-for-all
Would you recommend doing anything (which topics to read up on etc) before starting these subjects ?

I started during the summer holidays because I knew which exam board I was doing (Ik slightly sad). :biggrin: I got 4As so it obviously worked. :wink: I already had the books because I knew which exam boards we were doing. Reading ahead has always worked well for me.

Quick Reply

Latest