The Student Room Group

A level help

Hey!
So i need to choose my a levels soon and i've come to the doing these:
Biology, Psychology, Economics and Chemistry. I really dont want to do maths a level and thats why I am not choosing it. Are the a levels chosen a good set in order for me to get into a good university. I am planning on doing something within the field of science eg dentistry/pharmacy when I am older.
Reply 1
yep, you've got 2 sciences which is great and economics is looked upon highly (I think).
dentistry and pharmacy don't really rely heavily on maths so i think you're alright in that respect, although a lot of universities would appreciate students to have a Maths A Level, but again it's not compulsory i don't think.
so all in all your subjects suit what you wanna do
Reply 2
I'm going into medicine/forensics/neuroscience and I chose the exact same subjects as you (economics because it'll give me a broad range of knowledge) so I think those choices are really good for what you want to do :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Senpai
I'm going into medicine/forensics/neuroscience and I chose the exact same subjects as you (economics because it'll give me a broad range of knowledge) so I think those choices are really good for what you want to do :smile:

Hey! Thank you, I just was worried as no one is taking both psychology and economics. Have you done your AS?
Reply 4
Original post by Keisha_99
Hey! Thank you, I just was worried as no one is taking both psychology and economics. Have you done your AS?

nope starting it this year, just got my gcse results haha. I'm only saying because my sister wanted to do medicine so I chose the same as her ^^ Have you done any early revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Senpai
nope starting it this year, just got my gcse results haha. I'm only saying because my sister wanted to do medicine so I chose the same as her ^^ Have you done any early revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ookayl well I've only done some bridging work for the subjects set by my school, how about you? I really need to start reading up on things though did your sister get into medicine at uni doing those a,levels? Btw what subject are you planning to drop?
Reply 6
Original post by Keisha_99
Ookayl well I've only done some bridging work for the subjects set by my school, how about you? I really need to start reading up on things though did your sister get into medicine at uni doing those a,levels? Btw what subject are you planning to drop?

She got a place for medicine but she decided to change last minute to a law degree, not sure why tbh :/ I've done a bit of psychology reading and going to start biology and chemistry from tomorrow, I'm planning to drop economics of maybe chemistry, depending on what I get a better grade in. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest