The Student Room Group

Alevel results :( HELP

Hi guys I just joined so excuse me if Ive posted this in the wrong place...

So I got my AS results and they're not good. A in art but D for geography, sociology and psychology. I hated sociology and expected worse but all year round my mocks were A for geography and B for psychology. I did revise a hell of a lot and done tons of past papers/essays. Im disappointed in my geography and sociology grades because I know I worked really hard.

So I got ADDD, And I really was looking for A* in art and B in both geography and psychology at the end of Alevels, is this possible? Also can I resit units at A2. re-sitting AS is not an option for me and I have already enrolled for A2. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fenty

So I got my AS results and they're not good. A in art but D for geography, sociology and psychology. I hated sociology and expected worse but all year round my mocks were A for geography and B for psychology. I did revise a hell of a lot and done tons of past papers/essays. Im disappointed in my geography and sociology grades because I know I worked really hard.

So I got ADDD, And i really was looking for A* in art and B in both geography and psychology, is this possible? Also can I resit units at A2. re-sitting AS is not an option for me and I have already enrolled for A2. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Situations like this are always different depending on your college/sixth form.
In all situations, contact your head of college/sixth form about it.

Considering you said you cannot resit AS, you will have to work extremely hard(er) in A2 to pull of B's in the subjects you have got D's in.

You could resit AS modules at A2, consider talking to someone at your school because they will be able to help you much better.

Also, consider re-marking, check your grades against the grade-boundaries and then discuss with your parents if it is a viable solution (yeah, you will most likely have to pay for it unless your school does).

Hopefully it helps.
Original post by Fenty

So I got ADDD, And i really was looking for A* in art and B in both geography and psychology, is this possible? Also can I resit units at A2. re-sitting AS is not an option for me and I have already enrolled for A2. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

A* doesn't exist at AS level. Just saying. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Hydeman
A* doesn't exist at AS level. Just saying. :wink:

Nor did I say it exists at AS level - A*BB is what I want overall from Alevels. Just saying:wink:
Original post by Fenty
Nor did I say it exists at AS level - A*BB is what I want overall from Alevels. Just saying:wink:

Ah, okay. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Student07YT
Hi,

Situations like this are always different depending on your college/sixth form.
In all situations, contact your head of college/sixth form about it.

Considering you said you cannot resit AS, you will have to work extremely hard(er) in A2 to pull of B's in the subjects you have got D's in.

You could resit AS modules at A2, consider talking to someone at your school because they will be able to help you much better.

Also, consider re-marking, check your grades against the grade-boundaries and then discuss with your parents if it is a viable solution (yeah, you will most likely have to pay for it unless your school does).

Hopefully it helps.

Thank you for your reply.

I really want my geography paper re-marked because the lowest I ever got was 57 out of 60 and the real exams felts pretty good (unless I was writing everything wrong:frown:) and hopefully I can resit modules, is this done at the same time as the A2 exams?
Original post by Fenty
Thank you for your reply.

I really want my geography paper re-marked because the lowest I ever got was 57 out of 60 and the real exams felts pretty good (unless I was writing everything wrong:frown:) and hopefully I can resit modules, is this done at the same time as the A2 exams?

Yes, during exam time, you most probably resit the AS exams first then the A2 shortly after.
Reply 7
Hey, some on my psych course improved by two grades from as to a2, one of my friend went from a B to an A*. We had some awesome topic books that really helped (edexcel course) - knowing what to study & for exam practice. Remarks maybe, but resits definitely worth considering, it's probably easier to gain extra points at as, but would have to organise as & a2 study time well. :smile:
Reply 8
can't really stress how useful resits are, they become so much easier once you grasp a2 content. And they take your best mark anyway so there's little downside
To be honest I think you can work extra hard to get those higher grades at A2. What I advise is to talk to your head of 6th form and see if they could arrange resits on your as exams. But overall, you shouldn't worry that much about it because I know for a fact you worked really hard and it does reflect in your results.

You are actually lucky you got those grades because I got UEE which is ****. I did Business, Spanish and Sociology. I managed to get a B in Unit 1 Socio but the U in Unit 2 Socio really brought my grade down. I decided to repeat the year with new subjects that I would genuinely enjoy from and kept the entry requirements in mind.

With sociology, Im going to continue it in A2 but resit the AS exam.

IF ANYONE'S READING THIS AND ARE PLANNING TO DO A LEVELS THIS YEAR OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE, TAKE IT FROM ME ITS A LOT HARDER THAN GCSE AND REQUIRES YOU TO START STUDYING, PRACTICING EXAM PAPERS, ETC FROM DAY 1!!!!! OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET GRADES THAT YOU'D BE REALLY DISAPPOINTED AT AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A LOT OF REGRETS BECAUSE OF IT.... :smile:

GOOD LUCK THOUGHHHH

Quick Reply

Latest