The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Have not watched WWE in years, going to watch the PPV tonight, anything which I should be excited about?
Original post by Longshot700
He aint reading my posts and I've apologized to the rest of the group. Don't continue it please, as long as no one tries mentions it I won't mention it either. Becuase that's what happened lately.

I won't continue :top:
Original post by Bubzeh
I'll do my best, Scotty.

Well thank you! Only me watching, really wish I had mates to watch it with, would be reall cool :frown: Have a few ciders maybe, but no Im on the sofa with a few Kopparbergs and my quilt lool
Original post by Coerce
Have not watched WWE in years, going to watch the PPV tonight, anything which I should be excited about?

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker The rematch, you know Brock ended Takers Wrestlemania streak right?
Original post by Coerce

Cesaro V Kevin Owens will be good

The New Day are VERY entertaining

Rollins V Cena will be good

Lesnar is a BEAST. Like literally a beast... He just Suplexes everyone up to 15 times in one match. Fans now chant "Suplex City"

The Rock/Kane/Sting are roumoured to return, but I think onlu Kane will

UNDERTAKER!!!!
Well I have to say the excitement is kicking in and the atmosphere here is a lot better

Sounds daft considering its just all typing really!
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker The rematch, you know Brock ended Takers Wrestlemania streak right?

I didn't watch it but I seen someone mention that, was it a close match?

Original post by heavyhandscott
Cesaro V Kevin Owens will be good

The New Day are VERY entertaining

Rollins V Cena will be good

Lesnar is a BEAST. Like literally a beast... He just Suplexes everyone up to 15 times in one match. Fans now chant "Suplex City"

The Rock/Kane/Sting are roumoured to return, but I think onlu Kane will

UNDERTAKER!!!!

Is it bad that I dont recognise Rollins & Cesaro and Owens.. lol I've feel of from watching WWE weekly
Original post by Coerce

Taker got a concussion halfway through and brock hit him with 3 F5's, match was rather slow.

Soon as Brock reversed Undertakers Hells Gate into a triple powerbomb. I knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

The last part taker went for tombstone brock flipped him backwards, hit an f5 pinned for the 3 count, paul heyman said omg and everyone went quiet. Taker went to hospital afterwards with quite a bad concussion.

Anyway I won't be able to stand watching Brock beat Taker again if it happens.
Taker got a concussion halfway through and brock hit him with 3 F5's, match was rather slow.

Soon as Brock reversed Undertakers Hells Gate into a triple powerbomb. I knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

The last part taker went for tombstone brock flipped him backwards, hit an f5 pinned for the 3 count, paul heyman said omg and everyone went quiet. Taker went to hospital afterwards with quite a bad concussion.

Anyway I won't be able to stand watching Brock beat Taker again if it happens.

I've watched the odd WWE and yeah I didn't like the Triple H v Brock situation..
Went to hospital? Wresting was ruined for me when someone made me realise its fake lol
Original post by Coerce

Is it bad that I dont recognise Rollins & Cesaro and Owens.. lol I've feel of from watching WWE weekly

Lesnat V Taker at WM30 was a bit one sided really. Hard to watch because Taker wasnt really doing much yet we havent seen him not start to fight back at WM. Got a concussion early on and was really beaten up. People thought it was the last time we would see him.

Theyre all from NXT, WWE's developmental. Where they train the superstars to make it to the main roster. They were all in indies working for Ring Of Honour, amongst others.

Rollins: Heel who always finds a way to win, has been made out to be very weak and cant defend on his own but a solid wrestler and solid promo. WWE Champ after cashing in MITB briefcase at WM31

Cesaro: A Swiss babyface who went single after his tag team partner got neck injury. Has since been pushed and got a lot of following. One of the strongest on the roster. Does loads of uppercuts. Love this guy.

Owens: A stocky bonafied Heel. Talks so well and has great promos. Recently came from NXT and faced Cena at 3 PPVs. Cena 2, Owens 1. Hard hitting guy who I think is great. Good entrance music too!
Original post by Coerce
I've watched the odd WWE and yeah I didn't like the Triple H v Brock situation..
Went to hospital? Wresting was ruined for me when someone made me realise its fake lol

We like to say its scripted. When your old enough to understand what its about you realise the wrestlers and staff go through the match and think of ideas.

When people ask me why I watch it, its because its entertaining. I watched Raw live last monday and was the most entertaining thing ive watched in quite a while.
Original post by Coerce

He actually did go to hospital... He collapsed off set and had to be treated.

Not fake man, staged. All that's fake are the punches, kicks and moves where the head hits the mat. Because all those could end a match or even a career. Getting slammed or thrown about is definitely as real as it gets.

Don't understand how wwe was ruined for you when you found out it's staged, I mean it's not like people actually get buried alive, blown up in cars and hit with sledgehammers on live TV.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lesnat V Taker at WM30 was a bit one sided really. Hard to watch because Taker wasnt really doing much yet we havent seen him not start to fight back at WM. Got a concussion early on and was really beaten up. People thought it was the last time we would see him.

Theyre all from NXT, WWE's developmental. Where they train the superstars to make it to the main roster. They were all in indies working for Ring Of Honour, amongst others.

Rollins: Heel who always finds a way to win, has been made out to be very weak and cant defend on his own but a solid wrestler and solid promo. WWE Champ after cashing in MITB briefcase at WM31

Cesaro: A Swiss babyface who went single after his tag team partner got neck injury. Has since been pushed and got a lot of following. One of the strongest on the roster. Does loads of uppercuts. Love this guy.

Owens: A stocky bonafied Heel. Talks so well and has great promos. Recently came from NXT and faced Cena at 3 PPVs. Cena 2, Owens 1. Hard hitting guy who I think is great. Good entrance music too!

We like to say its scripted. When your old enough to understand what its about you realise the wrestlers and staff go through the match and think of ideas.

When people ask me why I watch it, its because its entertaining. I watched Raw live last monday and was the most entertaining thing ive watched in quite a while.

Oooo this has got me hyped haha
He actually did go to hospital... He collapsed off set and had to be treated.

Not fake man, staged. All that's fake are the punches, kicks and moves where the head hits the mat. Because all those could end a match or even a career.

Don't understand how wwe was ruined for you when you found out it's staged, I mean it's not like people actually get buried alive, blown up in cars and hit with sledgehammers on live TV.

Who was that wrestler that died after he got thrown from a really high place, I'm thinking Jeff Hardy / Matt Hardy's brother?
Original post by Coerce
Who was that wrestler that died after he got thrown from a really high place, I'm thinking Jeff Hardy / Matt Hardy's brother?

Erm, maybe Owen Hart? Was before my time but his cable snapped and he fell to his death.

When I found out I jsut turned 13 so it wasnt cool that it was fake. All my friends really pressured me really by bullying me, calling me a sado and saying it was gay and stuff.

Things like predicting elbow reversals when someone is groggy in the corner and someone is running to them I was like wtf why not do this or do this

Like I used to think these guys surely can do their finisher right away why dont they
Original post by Bubzeh

Indeed. Secondary school stuff.

All of them to be honest- do love a bit of Ziggler though. I'd be gutted if nobody got involved in the Taker / Lesnar match. How about you?

Too many times I've got myself excited for potential interferences so won't be doing that this time. Am really looking forward to Taker/Lesnar though. Taker seems in much better shape if that brawl was anything to go by.

Other than the IC title match i'm really looking forward to the whole show as well.

Really hope the divas match delivers though.
Original post by Excuse Me!
Really hope the divas match delivers though.

This could go either way. The matches have been 50:50 in regards to quality and botch frequency
Original post by Coerce

Owen Hart. That was nothing to do with wrestling though. His entrance involved him coming down from the ceiling sort of like a superhero (his character was superhero like, 'the blue blazer'). The rope or whatever was holding him snapped and he fell.

Edit: Think you're on about Mankind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMp65SzyTU

(He didn't die though)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3079
One hour, folks.

Just caught up with NXT: Takeover. A really solid event, and I'm glad that Crews looked so impressive. Samoa Joe is a real coup for them, too, but I'm unsure how much longer he can last in NXT. Get him on the main roster soon I say!

Quick Reply

Latest