The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Currently available on line from my site

I.Y.G.B. SPECIAL PAPER Z
I.Y.G.B. SPECIAL PAPER Y

I.Y.G.B. SPECIAL PAPER Z SOLUTIONS
(solution files will be available for a limited time then I will withdraw them)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm
..:colondollar:

Is there a document showing how many candidates sat each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1222
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Is there a document showing how many candidates sat each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not that I am aware off, although in the past I have come across such documents.

Have a look here for some additional information
Original post by TeeEm
Have a look here for some additional information

Pretty interesting stuff; some of those mark distributions are quite funny
I don't suppose you have access to the examiner reports this year?
Reply 1224
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Pretty interesting stuff; some of those mark distributions are quite funny
I don't suppose you have access to the examiner reports this year?

here it is
Original post by TeeEm
here it is

Reply 1226
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

no worries
Original post by TeeEm
no worries

Do you have the AEA examiners report?
Reply 1228
Original post by fatart123
Do you have the AEA examiners report?

not yet
Original post by TeeEm
not yet

Ite, thanks. Very surprised at the AEA boundary tbh. The paper seemed pretty easy compared to past papers.
Reply 1230
Ite, thanks. Very surprised at the AEA boundary tbh. The paper seemed pretty easy compared to past papers.

I have not done solutions for it yet in order to comment on difficulty.
(maybe you prepared well or you are brighter than what you give yourself credit for ...)
Original post by TeeEm
I have not done solutions for it yet in order to comment on difficulty.
(maybe you prepared well or you are brighter than what you give yourself credit for ...)

Probably due to preparation. Would have liked to have scored a bit higher than I assume I did, but made quite a few silly numerical mistakes.

Personally, I really enjoy the AEA style of questions (yours seem very similar to it) and think that it's quite a bit easier than STEP I. I certainly agree with W*****k's Distinction = 2.
Probably due to preparation. Would have liked to have scored a bit higher than I assume I did, but made quite a few silly numerical mistakes.

Personally, I really enjoy the AEA style of questions (yours seem very similar to it) and think that it's quite a bit easier than STEP I. I certainly agree with W*****k's Distinction = 2.

What mark you get? I got higher then i thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1233

My fondness for AEA is well known. I think AEA can be tougher than STEP I for several reasons such as no choice and no predictability when it comes to questions.
My style is probably a mix of AEA/problem solving with minimal structure, which a lot of the time tests breadth of knowledge rather than intelligence.
Original post by physicsmaths
What mark you get? I got higher then i thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My results email only had distinction listed.

My sixth form was supposed to get back to me on Tuesday with my mark... Going to have to pester them tomorrow because I'm 99% sure I'm < 4 marks from the boundary. Really should have checked my work instead of spending over an hour on the last part of the last question lel

What mark did you get?

EDIT: Uh, I mean last Tuesday if I wasn't clear enough. Just realised that it's Tuesday tomorrow...
(edited 8 years ago)
My results email only had distinction listed.

My sixth form was supposed to get back to me on Tuesday with my mark... Going to have to pester them tomorrow because I'm 99% sure I'm < 4 marks from the boundary. Really should have checked my work instead of spending over an hour on the last part of the last question lel

What mark did you get?

I thought i got low 80s cause of some timing issues at the end and errors in the end of the vectors question(i know the easiest question on the paper :frown:). I found out through my teacher checking on results plus. I got 90 on the dot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
My fondness for AEA is well known. I think AEA can be tougher than STEP I for several reasons such as no choice and no predictability when it comes to questions.
My style is probably a mix of AEA/problem solving with minimal structure, which a lot of the time tests breadth of knowledge rather than intelligence.

Some AEA papers are great and have really nice final questions, but I see what you mean. I could've quite easily landed a merit if these two came up together:
shit q 1.png
Attachment not found

Perhaps I should say that I prefer STEP now... Seriously though, they're really fun and I'll probably continue doing them if I find the time to do so.

Original post by physicsmaths
I thought i got low 80s cause of some timing issues at the end and errors in the end of the vectors question(i know the easiest question on the paper :frown:). I found out through my teacher checking on results plus. I got 90 on the dot.Posted from TSR Mobile

lel I managed to get something like 14x3 = 52 really early on in that vectors question and had the incorrect answers throughout as a result. Made some late two/three mark bit impossible too, so I just made up some random junk about how two (obviously unequal) vectors were in fact equal.

I spent 40 minutes trying to solve an incorrect integral on the last bit because I tried to be a smartarse and quickly adapt a) to fit c) too early on.

90 is a damn good score tbh (although, you already know that :wink:)
Reply 1237
Some AEA papers are great and have really nice final questions, but I see what you mean. I could've quite easily landed a merit if these two came up together:
shit q 1.png
Attachment not found

Perhaps I should say that I prefer STEP now... Seriously though, they're really fun and I'll probably continue doing them if I find the time to do so.

lel I managed to get something like 14x3 = 52 really early on in that vectors question and had the incorrect answers throughout as a result. Made some late two/three mark bit impossible too, so I just made up some random junk about how two (obviously unequal) vectors were in fact equal.

I spent 40 minutes trying to solve an incorrect integral on the last bit because I tried to be a smartarse and quickly adapt a) to fit c) too early on.

90 is a damn good score tbh (although, you already know that :wink:)

I wish I could give you the question I made tonight but I have not typed it yet.
(I need people to try it to check if I did it correctly!!)
Original post by TeeEm
I wish I could give you the question I made tonight but I have not typed it yet.

What's it on? There's no guarantee I'd even be able to do it if it's one of your horrible sequence product questions...
Original post by TeeEm

I will try it if i can do it bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending