The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath or Exeter?

Which uni is better for Management with Marketing / Business? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by iallhalocin
Which uni is better for Management with Marketing / Business? Thanks!

I have just graduated from Exeter with Bus. Management and Marketing. I chose Exeter over Bath(better campus, better social life, better facilities, a short 10 min. Walk into town), and a great Bus. Marketing program.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Film
I have just graduated from Exeter with Bus. Management and Marketing. I chose Exeter over Bath(better campus, better social life, better facilities, a short 10 min. Walk into town), and a great Bus. Marketing program.

Thank you! But may I ask how is the campus better? :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you! But may I ask how is the campus better? :smile:

Very easy to answer:

Bath: very small campus. Most buildings are 1970's style, and most are clustered together by a cement path. No theater, no cinema, no club etc.45 minute to one hour walk to city center.

Exeter: one of the nicest campuses in England, with lots of trees,grass, flowers and water.Only 10 minute walk to Exeter center. theater with shows every week, cinema and tremendous purpose built club.
Reply 4
Original post by Film
Very easy to answer:

Bath: very small campus. Most buildings are 1970's style, and most are clustered together by a cement path. No theater, no cinema, no club etc.45 minute to one hour walk to city center.

Exeter: one of the nicest campuses in England, with lots of trees,grass, flowers and water.Only 10 minute walk to Exeter center. theater with shows every week, cinema and tremendous purpose built club.

Thank you so much!
Bath has both a Theater and Club and vastly better sports facilities. Also its a 15min walk to town at a push. Clearly teach you well at Exeter aswell "City Center" aha who you kidding.

Original post by Film
Very easy to answer:

Bath - UK's only World Heritage City: https://facebook.com/hashtag/bathviews

The campus is just as beautiful as Exeter's (I've been to both). Different of course, but just as nice (they're both unusually pretty).

Facilities arguably better, accommodation excellent, prestige and teaching probably fairly comparable.
Bath is far more prestigious than Exeter
Reply 8
Please do not go to Exeter. It has a very large area campus, but the University is on the mountain and you will be no where. Even to buy a coca-cola you have to walk ( No bus service) couple of mile to the city centre ( Railway st.). At least I will never advice to go to Exeter. Go anywhere.
Original post by level pay
Please do not go to Exeter. It has a very large area campus, but the University is on the mountain and you will be no where. Even to buy a coca-cola you have to walk ( No bus service) couple of mile to the city centre ( Railway st.). At least I will never advice to go to Exeter. Go anywhere.

What rubbish! There is a fantastic new student centre with cafes and a supermarket.

The Sports building is one year old and so good the England rugby trials were held there.

There are no mountains in Devon .. and there is a bus service!

btw the way it's 'advise'.
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Bath is far more prestigious than Exeter

How so?
How so?

General prestige within employers. There's not much in it, but bath is known for being better for the marshy/science subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
General prestige within employers. There's not much in it, but bath is known for being better for the marshy/science subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, Exeter is RG and highly rated by employers - the maths department is very strong, as is the Science.
Hi,

I'm Hayden, a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. I am on the same programme as Management with Marketing students for the duration of the first year.

I chose the Bath School of Management primarily because of the support that they offer with placements. In my opinion having a top placement will really help when applying for jobs after graduation. Even as a first year all of the support that I need with regards to spring weeks and summer internships is available. The atmosphere at the school of management is great, with a large focus on the students as individuals rather than as one large group.

The University of Bath is also a brilliant campus to live on, the size of the campus means that you will never walk across campus without bumping into some friends. We have a large number of facilities for the arts, particularly in our new arts building called The Edge, click here to see more. From a clubbing perspective, two nights are held on campus with a number of events being held off campus. Personally I really enjoy the clubs here, which surprised me having heard a lot of rumours about the experience being poor before I came to Bath.

I hope this helps with your decision, please feel free to message me if there is anything else you would like to ask!

Hayden
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I'm Hayden, a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. I am on the same programme as Management with Marketing students for the duration of the first year.

I chose the Bath School of Management primarily because of the support that they offer with placements. In my opinion having a top placement will really help when applying for jobs after graduation. Even as a first year all of the support that I need with regards to spring weeks and summer internships is available. The atmosphere at the school of management is great, with a large focus on the students as individuals rather than as one large group.

The University of Bath is also a brilliant campus to live on, the size of the campus means that you will never walk across campus without bumping into some friends. We have a large number of facilities for the arts, particularly in our new arts building called The Edge, click here to see more. From a clubbing perspective, two nights are held on campus with a number of events being held off campus. Personally I really enjoy the clubs here, which surprised me having heard a lot of rumours about the experience being poor before I came to Bath.

I hope this helps with your decision, please feel free to message me if there is anything else you would like to ask!

Hayden

Thanks!
I'd just add that I've walked from the campus to the city a fair few times, and I'd say I go at a pretty normal place. It takes about 35 minutes from there to the train station so I would say that the city (where I think it starts!) is under a 30 minute walk from the campus.

I have talked a bit about the city/uni here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by nivrap402
Bath has both a Theater and Club and vastly better sports facilities. Also its a 15min walk to town at a push. Clearly teach you well at Exeter aswell "City Center" aha who you kidding.

-"Also its a 15min walk to town at a push" How could anyone believe anything you say. Even a fellow Bath student further down in the thread says it's a 30 to 35 minute walk.

-"Clearly teach you well at Exeter aswell" Excellent education you are receiving at Bath :smile:

- I am not from England, so yes "City Center"
Original post by Film
-"Also its a 15min walk to town at a push" How could anyone believe anything you say. Even a fellow Bath student further down in the thread says it's a 30 to 35 minute walk.

-"Clearly teach you well at Exeter aswell" Excellent education you are receiving at Bath :smile:

- I am not from England, so yes "City Center"

Don't worry about it too much :smile:

It is pretty hard to talk about both even if you've visited/stayed overnight. Really, you'd need someone who did an undergrad degree at one and Masters/PG at the other.

And yes, Bath does have a theatre and they've recently done Dracula there. There aren't any cinemas but the film society use large lecture halls instead. I've been to a few screenings, it is nice! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Film

Hey im planning on applying for management with marketing with european study next year. I was just wondering what sort of offer you received for a spot at exeter?
Reply 19
Original post by c.asper
Hey im planning on applying for management with marketing with european study next year. I was just wondering what sort of offer you received for a spot at exeter?

I am from France, so it was for an offer for the French BAC.

Quick Reply

Latest