The Student Room Group

Portfolio and course Advice

Hello,

I'm in my second year of a BTEC level 3 in interactive media I'm predicted D*DD and want to apply to reading, Southampton,Goldsmiths and UAL (LCC) for graphic design or the equivalent to each uni. I would like some advice, which uni has the best course? Also what would you say I need in my portfolio to increase my chance of getting accepted.

Thanks Harry
Original post by harry sayers
Hello,

I'm in my second year of a BTEC level 3 in interactive media I'm predicted D*DD and want to apply to reading, Southampton,Goldsmiths and UAL (LCC) for graphic design or the equivalent to each uni. I would like some advice, which uni has the best course? Also what would you say I need in my portfolio to increase my chance of getting accepted.

Thanks Harry

Goldsmiths and UAL are the most regarded of the three.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132
Original post by harry sayers
Hello,

Thanks Harry

Hi Harry,

We also provide a BA (Hons) Graphic Design course as well as a BA (Hons) Digital Advertising and Design and BA (Hons) Web Media Production course which may also be suited to your qualification as they are more interactive; teaching web design, coding and promotion for the web... :smile:

We do have an open day coming up on September 12th if you want to meet students and find out more about these courses!

Regarding Graphic design, we do recommend 15-20 pieces of your best work and a full sketch book showing your ideas. For more info on what to be included in your portfolio & interview tips, you can check here.

Hope this helped!

All the best,

Bee :h:
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi Harry,

We also provide a BA (Hons) Graphic Design course as well as a BA (Hons) Digital Advertising and Design and BA (Hons) Web Media Production course which may also be suited to your qualification as they are more interactive; teaching web design, coding and promotion for the web... :smile:

We do have an open day coming up on September 12th if you want to meet students and find out more about these courses!

Regarding Graphic design, we do recommend 15-20 pieces of your best work and a full sketch book showing your ideas. For more info on what to be included in your portfolio & interview tips, you can check here.

Hope this helped!

All the best,

Bee :h:

Thank you, I shall look in to it straight away.

Harry
Thanks you for the response

Quick Reply

Latest