The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

if i already have a university place but get my papers remarked, what happens if the grade was to get lower rather than higher??
Original post by sighsigh
if i already have a university place but get my papers remarked, what happens if the grade was to get lower rather than higher??

I think they could potentially turn you away if you no longer meet the criteria of your offer
Original post by mck9777
Amazing! Did you get an a*? I managed to get my A in biology anyway, chuffed, into my firm too :smile: You get in ok to your course?

Thank you!! Yes I did! And yes I got into my firm of medicine at Exeter. Congrats on your grade! Where are you going and what are you studying? :smile:
Original post by ps1265A
Me too, I'm in utter shock!!! I thought it was a mistake lol

Go us!! :tongue:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Thank you!! Yes I did! And yes I got into my firm of medicine at Exeter. Congrats on your grade! Where are you going and what are you studying? :smile:

Fairplay, showing me up Dr Molly :tongue: Going for Computing and information technology at Queens Belfast! Nice to see the names from again throughout the threads doing well in bio
Original post by alanconnel
yh i got a 100 in unit 4 and 134 in unit 5. Wbu?

572 ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mck9777
Fairplay, showing me up Dr Molly :tongue: Going for Computing and information technology at Queens Belfast! Nice to see the names from again throughout the threads doing well in bio

Haha well computing is hardly easy going!! Congratulations :smile: yeah it's good to see people who clearly work hard get the grades they deserve!
Reply 2387
Has anyone sent a remark off and recieved a reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SY123
Has anyone sent a remark off and recieved a reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, but no reply as I applied for a normal remark not a priority one. I wouldn't expect anything for a while, say 2 -4 weeks.
Only got 112 UMS in this paper - was hoping to get 130ish haha, but tbf I didn't do any practise for this one and left it till last, just thought I'd bomb the essay, who knows, maybe I did!

60/60 on EMPA though how did i manage that!!! ****in hate empas
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you guys reckon it would be worth me remarking Biology Unit 5? I got 56/60, 90/100 and 115/140 in Unit 5 which is 63 raw marks. I am 9 ums off an A*, which I would gain if I went up 4 raw marks in Unit 5, which is a long shot but I know the essay can be subjective. I'm mainly worried about dropping to a B overall, I got 534 ums overall so I can afford to lose 54 ums and still keep my A, but as the boundaries are so tight in Unit 5, if I was to lose 16 raw marks I'd get an E in the exam and go down to a B overall. Is it worth it?
Lol one of my friends only dropped 15 UMS in the whole A level. 10 in AS and 5 at A2, she's a joke and she also rejected her place for medicine 😂😂. I'm here bare happy scrapping an A in biology lol (489/600)
Original post by d.parmar96
Do you guys reckon it would be worth me remarking Biology Unit 5? I got 56/60, 90/100 and 115/140 in Unit 5 which is 63 raw marks. I am 9 ums off an A*, which I would gain if I went up 4 raw marks in Unit 5, which is a long shot but I know the essay can be subjective. I'm mainly worried about dropping to a B overall, I got 534 ums overall so I can afford to lose 54 ums and still keep my A, but as the boundaries are so tight in Unit 5, if I was to lose 16 raw marks I'd get an E in the exam and go down to a B overall. Is it worth it?

You are not going to lose 16 raw marks/54 UMS.
I just got my remark results back and it increased by almost 20 ums!!! Looks like medical school is once again on the cards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kill3er
You are not going to lose 16 raw marks/54 UMS.

Thank you!
Original post by Maverick07
I just got my remark results back and it increased by almost 20 ums!!! Looks like medical school is once again on the cards!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg! wow!

i'm just need 5 extra ums for an A...

what exact marks did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW

Let that be me please!!!
BTW congratulation

---------------

On the other hand, my priority remark is still not posted yet!

They rejected me in Biomed cos I didnt gain an A, but if I did do you think they would let me back on CONSIDERING biomed wasnt even listed on clearing by them, unless somehow my place offered privately away to someone
OH GOD PLS
My remarks meant I increased by 13 UMS in total but sadly not enough for an A* :frown: I still can't believe I did so badly in the biology exams when I consistently got full UMS on biology past papers and the exams last year but whatever...

It's kind of ridiculous that I've got 90% over Biology A Level but still not an A* lol :tongue:
Original post by aprocrastinator
My remarks meant I increased by 13 UMS in total but sadly not enough for an A* :frown: I still can't believe I did so badly in the biology exams when I consistently got full UMS on biology past papers and the exams last year but whatever...

It's kind of ridiculous that I've got 90% over Biology A Level but still not an A* lol :tongue:

what did you remark and by how much did they go up by? (if u don't mind me asking) :biggrin:

i'm waiting for biol1 and biol5 remarks :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending