The Student Room Group

Teach me British slang

I'll be going to Leeds in a month and I want to be better prepared by learning some British slang. That way I won't be completely confused all the time, struggling to keep up with what people are saying.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Greet everyone with "yrite mateeeeeee" and you're good to go

Sigh, what has this country come to?
Reply 2
Say "I want to blow you" to a guy :smile: It is British slang loosely translated as "you're cool, I think we should be friends"
Do the V sign with your palm facing yourself. That's how we tell someone they're cool!

Original post by gman10
Say "I want to blow you" to a guy :smile: It is British slang loosely translated as "you're cool, I think we should be friends"

:rofl:
No need to learn now. You'll pick them up as you hang around British people. Most are easy to understand by context anyway.
Saying sen instead of self. :frown:
Original post by AristoBrat!
Do the V sign with your palm facing yourself. That's how we tell someone they're cool!

:rofl:

you tryna get man killed :rofl:
listen I can teach you everything you want, Op.
Step into my office.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
you tryna get man killed :rofl:

Tho instead of though.
Original post by pinkteddyx64
Tho instead of though.

*doe
Just listen to skepta, stormzy, krept and konan, JME, J hus, sneakbo, Wiley, lethal bizzle and giggs on repeat
Original post by missaxo
Just listen to skepta, stormzy, krept and konan, JME, J hus, sneakbo, Wiley, lethal bizzle and giggs on repeat

XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch the Inbetweeners UK you'll learn loads in particular referring to someone as fit means attractive as in the streets lyrics "yeah you are fit and yeah I do want it"
Original post by BookBird
I'll be going to Leeds in a month and I want to be better prepared by learning some British slang. That way I won't be completely confused all the time, struggling to keep up with what people are saying.

watch this okay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ympI2mdABUM
I'll leave this one to Matt and Alex. If you don't know who they are then get studying.

[video="youtube;z9xJGIq1aro"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xJGIq1aro[/video]

Like someone above said Inbetweeners will give you a good idea.
"Can i lick your bum hole for five pounds?" is common slang for "good morning, how are you?"
Reply 16
Original post by missaxo

Haha so true love all of them!
Original post by Man.bear.pig
listen I can teach you everything you want, Op.
Step into my office.

He's right. Look at his hat.
Anuvahood and Attack the Block taught me a lot of British slang, check those out. The TSR Tinychat group also taught me a bunch of weird 'ish british people say
Original post by alexschmalex
Anuvahood and Attack the Block taught me a lot of British slang, check those out. The TSR Tinychat group also taught me a bunch of weird 'ish british people say

Rest in peace, TSR Tinychat group. :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest