The Student Room Group

Need suit advice fast!

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Next or M&S will have some cheaper options which will look decent that I'm sure many people at your school will be wearing or something very similar to
Original post by Flather
Next or M&S will have some cheaper options which will look decent that I'm sure many people at your school will be wearing or something very similar to

This
Reply 3
Sorry to hear about the loss but just know everything will be ok! everything happens for a reason and he is watching over you.
I don't have much experience with wearing suits to sixth form but I have purchased suits before and i'd recommend:

M&S
TopmanAsos(Topman and Asos are the more fashionable type of suits whereas M&S are more basic but all brands are not very expensive and affordable). Good luck with your new sixth form, you will have a good time.
Original post by Reaver Daniels
My dad has just died and I'm starting a private sixth form next week and the dress code is suits everyday.

Everyone is high from emotions at the moment because of the recent loss of my dad and we still don't have even one suit for next week (I start Monday).

We aren't extremely wealthy, I'm only going to private school because we're getting help from trust funds because of my strong academic record.

I have no idea where to buy full suits for a good price that don't look incredibly cheap and tacky. Please help! My poor old mother is stressing about this. The school preferably want three piece suits.

Help!
Posted from TSR Mobile

look on ebay i have bought versace and dolce and gabbana suits
Reply 5
If you live near a "Slaters" I'd advise looking there. There suits are relatively inexpensive, but don't look it, and they offer a free tailoring service for the life time of the suit.
Original post by declang98
If you live near a "Slaters" I'd advise looking there. There suits are relatively inexpensive, but don't look it, and they offer a free tailoring service for the life time of the suit.

They are good at finding a good fit too, i find their range a bit conservative with not enough slim fitted suits, worth a look tho! Got both my wedding suit and my first ever suit from a slaters
Original post by Reaver Daniels
My dad has just died and I'm starting a private sixth form next week and the dress code is suits everyday.

Everyone is high from emotions at the moment because of the recent loss of my dad and we still don't have even one suit for next week (I start Monday).

We aren't extremely wealthy, I'm only going to private school because we're getting help from trust funds because of my strong academic record.

I have no idea where to buy full suits for a good price that don't look incredibly cheap and tacky. Please help! My poor old mother is stressing about this. The school preferably want three piece suits.

Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww im sorry to hear about ur dad :frown: we have to wear suits at our sixth form too and i got 1 of mine from MandS and the other from BHS, hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest