The Student Room Group

Are these too many retakes???

Would it be too much to handle if I was to study to retake GCSE English and maths alongside A-levels Biology, chemistry, maths and psychology?

(I got B's in both but I don't think they're good enough)

I'm planning to retake in November
Reply 1
A B is good enough to be honest. Focus on your A Levels as these will require a lot of time and attention. On universities websites most list GCSE English and Maths requirements as a B grade at most.

You can resit if you really want to but the first two months of A levels are really critical.
i dont think you need to, b's arnt that bad, you only need a c in english for uni, and once you have your a-levels your GCSE's become a bit ivelivent, What do you want to study at uni (if at all)? Biology and chemisstry are both quite content heavy a-levels (i didnt take psychology so dont know about that) so finding time would be quite hard i supose, but if your gonna retake them in november they wouldnt effect your a-leval exams too much i dont think as you will have pleaty of time to catch up (i dnt think you have AS exams in jan anymore do you?) Good luck either way :smile:
If your college is allowing you to take A level maths with a B then a B is good enough. Your A level will count for more than the GCSE anyway! A B in English ought to be fine unless you're aiming for a very competitive course at a very competitive university.
Reply 4
Original post by Amber May
i dont think you need to, b's arnt that bad, you only need a c in english for uni, and once you have your a-levels your GCSE's become a bit ivelivent, What do you want to study at uni (if at all)? Biology and chemisstry are both quite content heavy a-levels (i didnt take psychology so dont know about that) so finding time would be quite hard i supose, but if your gonna retake them in november they wouldnt effect your a-leval exams too much i dont think as you will have pleaty of time to catch up (i dnt think you have AS exams in jan anymore do you?) Good luck either way :smile:

Thank you :smile: and Nope there are no longer January exams. I want to do dentistry but I feel B's are too low but I'm not too sure.

Quick Reply

Latest