The Student Room Group

Gym help needed!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by OnionRing
Also recommemd stronglift but sort your diet first.Work out your TDEE and eat 500 kcal above it

My TDEE is 1948 + 500 = 2448.
This is how much I normally consume anyway :/
Original post by 458zai
My TDEE is 1948 + 500 = 2448.
This is how much I normally consume anyway :/

so maybe start eating 2800ish cal per day whilst lifting and see if you make gains (which you should)
Reply 22
Original post by CelticBeast
so maybe start eating 2800ish cal per day whilst lifting and see if you make gains (which you should)

Yes will do.
Original post by 458zai
Yes will do.

All aboard the gain train, choo choo motherf***er
Original post by CelticBeast
All aboard the gain train, choo choo motherf***er

Hell yeah
Original post by 458zai
Yes will do.

TDEE is an estimate but yeah 2800 will be good. Remember as you make more gains and increase in weight you will need to up your kcals
To be honest in my own experience it is not that important to eat more calories than I normally would eat to gain muscles.I see the risk you would gain fat if you eat too many calories. For me personally it is important to eat sufficient protein at least 3 times a day and to train in a certain way in order to gain muscles. This certain way is at least all 36 hours 3 to 4 sets while the last 2 sets should be done with so much weight that I only barley - with extreme discipline - can do 12 reps. If the weights are too light and it is too easy to carry out 12 reps during the last 2 sets I hardly gain muscles. This certain threshold of stimulus is the key for me. But maybe it is only with me. Although I suppose this goes for everyone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Try ICF 5X5

To gain strength follow this, input the values and it does it all for you ----> http://www.canditotraininghq.com/

To gain mass: eat, eat, eat

Don't get scammed, supps aren't needed, just eat clean wholefoods ( rice, poultry e.t.c)

GL :-)
Second @judogainz ICF 5x5 is great workout for beginners I recommend it. You say you are eating a calorie range of 2000-2500 yet you also hit your macros. Giving such a wide range (2000-2500) suggests you probably don't eat as much as you think you do. Make sure you eat a calorie suprlus above your maintenance, I don't think there is much point in tracking your macros for now as at this point you just want to gain as much strength as possible. No need for any protein shakes etc, as you're a beginner and should easily be able to hit your protein goals with a normal diet.
Reply 28
Original post by judogainz
Try ICF 5X5

To gain strength follow this, input the values and it does it all for you ----> http://www.canditotraininghq.com/

To gain mass: eat, eat, eat

Don't get scammed, supps aren't needed, just eat clean wholefoods ( rice, poultry e.t.c)

GL :-)

cool I've got it now
Reply 29
Original post by will_jg
Second @judogainz ICF 5x5 is great workout for beginners I recommend it. You say you are eating a calorie range of 2000-2500 yet you also hit your macros. Giving such a wide range (2000-2500) suggests you probably don't eat as much as you think you do. Make sure you eat a calorie suprlus above your maintenance, I don't think there is much point in tracking your macros for now as at this point you just want to gain as much strength as possible. No need for any protein shakes etc, as you're a beginner and should easily be able to hit your protein goals with a normal diet.

yeah agree
Original post by 458zai
I need advice on bodybuilding , I'll be starting gym again soon and would like to gain as much muscle mass as possible.

I started gym a year ago, stopped because of studies, now I will be starting university in September and most likely will be joining the gym there.

18 year old
6 ft
140lbs

Workout plans, diet, supplements, would be very beneficial.

Thanks.

Have you tried the Insanity workout meal plan- high protein low carb with I think supplements in between,
For Jake gyllenhaals role in southpaw, he ate carbs ONLY in the morning with protein and only protein and veg I the evening- no alcohol or treats I'm afraid.
Apparently he stated off the day doing 1000 sit ups and ended the day like that too.
They say that he spent 3 hours After breakfast doing boxing and kickboxing to gain serious muscle
Read into it
😊 hope it goes well (Uncle was a body builder) 😉
Original post by castl021.302
Have you tried the Insanity workout meal plan- high protein low carb with I think supplements in between,
For Jake gyllenhaals role in southpaw, he ate carbs ONLY in the morning with protein and only protein and veg I the evening- no alcohol or treats I'm afraid.
Apparently he stated off the day doing 1000 sit ups and ended the day like that too.
They say that he spent 3 hours After breakfast doing boxing and kickboxing to gain serious muscle
Read into it
😊 hope it goes well (Uncle was a body builder) 😉

He might have followed that diet, which is bro, but fairs it worked

He also spent an awful lot of time in the gym

And all kindsa "supplements"... all kinds
Starting Strength + 3000(plus) calories a day + Lots and lots of milk.

Prepare for the gains brah. :yy:

Quick Reply