The Student Room Group

I'm a Londoner, AMA

Scroll to see replies

i'm annoyed. someone help me.
Reply 141
Original post by Man.bear.pig
I dont wanna ask them so 4 yrs ago where were you that day?
I just wanted to know quick since ur from E3 if you know the stations in ur own area that were shut. How can you not rem? :colonhash:

No I'm not from E3 and even if I was I wouldn't remember because I was 14 at the time and I didn't use the tube so I wouldn't bother finding out which tube stations were shut down.
Original post by Londoner.
No I'm not from E3 and even if I was I wouldn't remember because I was 14 at the time and I didn't use the tube so I wouldn't bother finding out which tube stations were shut down.

that's all you had to say the 1st time. the "LOOOOOOL" wasn't necessary. enjoy ya thread.
I was born and raised in north west London not far off from Watford or Edgware the end of the northern line. I love living here but it's so long travelling to central London . Wouldn't want to live anywhere than here!
Original post by binkierose
No I'm talking criminal activity xD why?

Oh just wondered. As an outsider I don't like West London at all, yeah I guess there's crime like that and also the obscene wealth divide. I know East London has bad bits but it's got a lot more character to me.
Reply 145
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Oh just wondered. As an outsider I don't like West London at all, yeah I guess there's crime like that and also the obscene wealth divide. I know East London has bad bits but it's got a lot more character to me.

I don't think the crime rate in west London is that bad, but then I am a west Londoner so I'm probably a bit biased. East London has always seemed incredibly scary to me to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Demilb
I don't think the crime rate in west London is that bad, but then I am a west Londoner so I'm probably a bit biased. East London has always seemed incredibly scary to me to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're probably right. I just don't really like West London at all, it's mainly the obscebne wealth divide that is there as I say. Plus the river is less impressive there.
Reply 147
Yes another Londoner:biggrin: You like your area?

Yeah! My area is stunning and there's always people around which I like 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
You're probably right. I just don't really like West London at all, it's mainly the obscebne wealth divide that is there as I say. Plus the river is less impressive there.

Yeah, I understand what you mean about the wealth divide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Original post by cierratime
I was born and raised in north west London not far off from Watford or Edgware the end of the northern line. I love living here but it's so long travelling to central London . Wouldn't want to live anywhere than here!

Is that a nice area?

Central London is a pain, it's always busy. Why do you travel into central London - for work?
Reply 150

Where are you from?
Reply 151
Original post by Demilb

Posted from TSR Mobile

People always have the impression that East London is a scary place:frown:
Reply 152
Original post by Demilb
Yeah! My area is stunning and there's always people around which I like 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great:biggrin: Do you come to East London occasionally?
Reply 153
That's great:biggrin: Do you come to East London occasionally?

Yeah I do but I'm always quite weary about going there and I never go alone. I guess the rep it has puts me off a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that a nice area?

Central London is a pain, it's always busy. Why do you travel into central London - for work?

It's a pretty nice suburban quite area everyone minds their own business and keeps themselves to themselves. Most people raise families here and it takes around 30 mins on the northern line to get to Camden it's not that far I'm just exaggerating lol but people that live closer to central are lucky I guess and yeah I commute to my part time job on weekends. There's lots of parks around and greenery and 3/4/5 bedroom houses
Reply 155
It's a pretty nice suburban quite area everyone minds their own business and keeps themselves to themselves. Most people raise families here and it takes around 30 mins on the northern line to get to Camden it's not that far I'm just exaggerating lol but people that live closer to central are lucky I guess and yeah I commute to my part time job on weekends. There's lots of parks around and greenery and 3/4/5 bedroom houses

aaah okay, that's cool. Do you live near finsbury park? That area is pretty nice.

You work part-time so do you also study?
Where are you from?

Cambridge.

Watford is ****ing miles away :/

aaah okay, that's cool. Do you live near finsbury park? That area is pretty nice.

You work part-time so do you also study?

I do! It's an utter ****hole.

No really, there's some nice houses between highbury barn and the mosque but from there to manor house is pretty grim.
Reply 158
Original post by Guills on wheels
Watford is ****ing miles away :/

I do! It's an utter ****hole.

No really, there's some nice houses between highbury barn and the mosque but from there to manor house is pretty grim.

Oh is it? I only went once and it seemed quite nice, probably saw the nicer areas. Have you lived there your whole life?
Oh is it? I only went once and it seemed quite nice, probably saw the nicer areas. Have you lived there your whole life?

I've lived in Holloway, which is just round the corner, since I was about 4 or 5, but I knew a few people who lived in that area.

I used to live in Highbury barn though, which is really nice, but alas it wasn't our house.

Quick Reply

Latest