The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Freshers Week Information please?? Work Not Being very Co-Operative!

Hey guys!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the freshers induction week to see if anyone could help me out?

I understand that on the 14th September we have the compulsory Induction week. My question is, do we only have to attend once on the Monday? or is it the whole week? My work place isn't being Lenient at all in allowing me the whole week off, due to still being in my Probationary period, therefore leading to me not being able to attend the whole week.

thanks for any helpful replies and Sorry for the constant SOS Threads! XD (All this University stuff is starting to become quite overwhelming!)
Original post by Watsonl125
Hey guys!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the freshers induction week to see if anyone could help me out?

I understand that on the 14th September we have the compulsory Induction week. My question is, do we only have to attend once on the Monday? or is it the whole week? My work place isn't being Lenient at all in allowing me the whole week off, due to still being in my Probationary period, therefore leading to me not being able to attend the whole week.

thanks for any helpful replies and Sorry for the constant SOS Threads! XD (All this University stuff is starting to become quite overwhelming!)

This is by no means the whole story (merely how I've interpreted the information) and you could also contact Roehampton directly or even ask the Students Union. However, I took it to mean that you have to attend that week but your actual course might only be meeting for the programme briefing and registration on one or a couple of those days. It's easier to make sure everyone is in London for the whole week, particularly as the time tables for when each induction is happening hasn't been released.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gjjmcmahon
This is by no means the whole story (merely how I've interpreted the information) and you could also contact Roehampton directly or even ask the Students Union. However, I took it to mean that you have to attend that week but your actual course might only be meeting for the programme briefing and registration on one or a couple of those days. It's easier to make sure everyone is in London for the whole week, particularly as the time tables for when each induction is happening hasn't been released.

So I don't have to attend the whole week? and I may only have to be there one of the days in the week? Also, do you happen to know when they may be released?? Being a working student and Living on my own makes things hard to keep up with everything!
So I don't have to attend the whole week? and I may only have to be there one of the days in the week? Also, do you happen to know when they may be released?? Being a working student and Living on my own makes things hard to keep up with everything!

I'm not entirely sure. It would be best to ring and ask? I assume they'll let us all know before moving in day (September 13).
Reply 4
I'm not entirely sure. It would be best to ring and ask? I assume they'll let us all know before moving in day (September 13).

Yeah, that's probably what I will do! thanks for you help, I greatly appreciate it! I just thought I'd ask here first incase anyone knew! :smile:
Yeah, that's probably what I will do! thanks for you help, I greatly appreciate it! I just thought I'd ask here first incase anyone knew! :smile:

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/New-students/Timetable/

The timetable for the week is up.
Reply 6

I just got the notification text! XD thanks! Appreciate the post! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending