The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The only way to keep Giroud firing in the goals is to "threaten" his place in the first-team; right now is only threat is out injured so he can pretty much get away with doing nothing
Original post by Lúcio

we all know this kind of thing happens to every team every season.
there will be several games in the future where we get robbed, we all know it'll happen because it always does.

not defending terrible decisions (personally i feel that we need video refereeing) but they go for and against every single club over the course of the season.

:smile:

I'm jut bantering, when 2 or 3 BIG decisions go one teams way in a row questions are always asked. A review system for **** like this would be VERY easy to implement, 1 review a game, always give strikers benefit of doubt
It's pretty funny how a lot of Arsenal fans buy what Wenger says that there isn't enough quality targets in the market to improve this side. Laughable really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Such an empty and dire feeling coming back from the Emirates.
Giroud is our problem. He is the big f problem in this team. He can't bury the chances that is presented!
Chambers seemed to cower when faced with a bullying Benteke tonight. Benteke didn't get a sniff in the FA Cup final, but tonight he made Chambers shrink and Wenger must surely be relishing Koscielny and Per's returns. Paulista was jittery, too.

The pair have only played together once before - in the Emirates Cup, no less - and they were over-reliant on Cech.

Neither was given much protection from Coquelin, though. He was overwhelmed and overworked by Liverpool's advanced playmakers.
Original post by Jamiesonn
It's pretty funny how a lot of Arsenal fans buy what Wenger says that there isn't enough quality targets in the market to improve this side. Laughable really.

Name an available striker who'd be a vast improvement on what Arsenal current have. As far as strikers go this summer the quality just isn't out there. It explains why United, with all their money and obvious need for another CF haven't brought one in yet. Chelsea have taken a chance of Falcao after a poor season even now he doesn't look like he's improved from last year.

Does Benteke look a £32M player in all honesty? The striker market is very dry atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with regards to cdm, the fact we haven't improved there is pitiful and embarrassing tbf, but up top I agree with him
What also pisses me off is that a large proportion of our 'fans' sit at the Emirates silently not chanting or getting up on their feet clapping for our boys, sit there like ****ing lemons on their ipad tablets, ****ing middle/upper class snobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We literally picked up Pedro for £20 million and in 85 minutes he has as many goals and assists as the entire Arsenal squad. Instead they're playing a CM on the right wing. But still #AKB and all that
Nah Gabriel was good, didn't put a for wrong, Chambrrs on the other hand....a kosc Gab cb pairing could just work you know
Original post by Lúcio
Looks like you're competing with Chelsea for 4th place this season.

Seems like neither Arsenal, Chelsea or United want to finish in the top four.
Original post by The Shed End
Did you not hear our fans yesterday? Were chanting "we're staying up" after Costa's goal

Inb4 you got no fans

prsom - you beat me to it Sheddy :frown:

nah, all in all it'll be an interesting season.
order will restore soon but it's nice to be in the top 4 for once :tongue:

Original post by leinad2012
I'm jut bantering, when 2 or 3 BIG decisions go one teams way in a row questions are always asked. A review system for **** like this would be VERY easy to implement, 1 review a game, always give strikers benefit of doubt

oh i agree however people always overlook how wrong the perception of luck is.
it's actually a really interesting area of study if you're a nerd like me, but basically people have a severely distorted, almost selective memory of luck, tending to recall primarily the negative but not the positive.
i personally try to believe that luck evens out over the course of a season, but that may not necessarily happen in terms of points.
for instance you may get a lucky goal when you're already 5-0 ahead instead of getting a lucky winner in a vital match.

anyway i'm rambling now, long story short is that i feel like we need video refereeing to bring a little more justice to the sport.
although it's funny to think about, i'd rather win through skill and good performance than freak refereeing decisions for example.
Said it 2 months ago Pedro would be a great signing for us
Original post by sr90

United and Liverpool are identical atm - both have picked up 7 points without playing very well (in general).

Arsenal are the league bottlers anyway and Chelsea found it too easy last season so they're handicapping themselves.
Original post by Stefano93
What also pisses me off is that a large proportion of our fans sit at the Emirates silently not chanting or getting up on their feet clapping for our boys, sit there like ****ing lemons on their ipad tablets, ****ing middle/upper class snobs.

Many of them sarcastically cheered a Liverpool shot in the first half that went wide, when they were all over you. Fans of most big clubs are bad, but you're lot are in a league of their own
Original post by sr90

have to let the smaller clubs have a chance!!
Original post by The Shed End
Many of them sarcastically cheered a Liverpool shot in the first half that went wide, when they were all over you. Fans of most big clubs are bad, but you're lot are in a league of their own

All fans of big clubs are pretty poor these days, but it's a different culture. You get people going to the Emirates, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield out of some sort of desire to check something off of their bucket list.
Original post by Lúcio
United and Liverpool are identical atm - both have picked up 7 points without playing very well (in general).

Arsenal are the league bottlers anyway and Chelsea found it too easy last season so they're handicapping themselves.

Our game in 2 weeks has 0-0 written all over it
Original post by Lúcio

oh i agree however people always overlook how wrong the perception of luck is.
it's actually a really interesting area of study if you're a nerd like me, but basically people have a severely distorted, almost selective memory of luck, tending to recall primarily the negative but not the positive.
i personally try to believe that luck evens out over the course of a season, but that may not necessarily happen in terms of points.
for instance you may get a lucky goal when you're already 5-0 ahead instead of getting a lucky winner in a vital match.

anyway i'm rambling now, long story short is that i feel like we need video refereeing to bring a little more justice to the sport.
although it's funny to think about, i'd rather win through skill and good performance than freak refereeing decisions for example.

Oh people definitely have a distorted memory when it comes to dodgy decision or lucky goals. Like you say we'll remember the poor decisions against our side than the lucky ones.
However I completely disagree with the whole "the luck balances out over the season" as the statistician in me screams "bull****" because 38 games isn't a big sample size by any means (unless you say luck takes a binomial distribution and you're approximating it normally :tongue:) so it is quite conceivably that you could have a significant amount of luck go your way over the season

Latest