The Student Room Group

How can I force myself to drink water?

I am actually feeling sick after drinking 0.25l of water - it tastes disgusting. How can I force myself to atleast finish the other half of the drink?

Scroll to see replies

Is it the same for filtered water or just tap water? Cause I find it hard to swallow tap water but once it's filtered it's fine.
Original post by Hevachan
Is it the same for filtered water or just tap water? Cause I find it hard to swallow tap water but once it's filtered it's fine.

Yes I've tried that. I've tried holding my nose and trying to not let it touch my tongue.
Put it in a bottle, forget about it for a few minutes and then drink it.
Original post by SeanFM
Put it in a bottle, forget about it for a few minutes and then drink it.

It's in a bottle...been sitting there for about 12 minutes now. I keep taking huge gulps just swallowing it and it does work; just feels worse afterwards.
Can you add a little bit of squash or juice to it to flavour it slightly?

What do you usually drink if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
What brand of water do you drink?
Original post by danielwinstanley
It's in a bottle...been sitting there for about 12 minutes now. I keep taking huge gulps just swallowing it and it does work; just feels worse afterwards.

:curious:

I see. Do you have anything like a fruit (eg orange, lemon) that you can squeeze to give it a bit of a taste?
Add ice :ahee:
Original post by Danno190
Can you add a little bit of squash or juice to it to flavour it slightly?

What do you usually drink if you don't mind me asking?

Usually something like fizzy drinks or milk - I just want to kick my habit why I am younger. I have tried flavouring it but all I can taste is the water.
Lol wtf? You must be used to drinking a lot of fizzy pop and flavoured drinks or just hate water...
Use a straw. It makes it so much easier to drink in my opinion...
Natural lemon juice is strong and really healthy- try hot water and lemon? That has the most flavour. If you really can't stand water can you drink green tea? Thats healthy too
You don't live in Lancashire do you?
But seriously give squash or flavoured waters a go :smile:
Usually something like fizzy drinks or milk - I just want to kick my habit why I am younger. I have tried flavouring it but all I can taste is the water.

Maybe a pinch of sugar in it then? Could be just a bit too bland for your tastebuds.
I am actually feeling sick after drinking 0.25l of water - it tastes disgusting. How can I force myself to atleast finish the other half of the drink?

Why would you want to? If you don't like it, don't drink it.
Original post by claireestelle
You don't live in Lancashire do you?
But seriously give squash or flavoured waters a go :smile:

Yes, but I am not in the affected areas for the bug. I've tried squash but all I can taste is the water.
Original post by cole-slaw
Why would you want to? If you don't like it, don't drink it.

Because I should be drinking water....
Try Buxton water, its lovely. So refreshing
Yes, but I am not in the affected areas for the bug. I've tried squash but all I can taste is the water.

Their supposedly putting extra chlorine in the supply everywhere making it taste worse than usual

Quick Reply

Latest