The Student Room Group

Why am i so boy attention hungry?!?!

So I'm 17, and well recently, I've started caring WAY too much about getting attention from guys; maybe its an insecurity thing? Saying this in the most modest way possible, I know Im an attractive girl. Guys (and men) often stare at me in public, make comments to their friends, blah blah blah.. and to be honest, I love it to the point where when I go out, I feel disappointed if I dont get checked out at least once. Don't get me wrong, Im far from slutty - Im as virginy as it gets (never even kissed a boy), but I talk to loads of guys on Facebook/snapchat etc, and they all seem pretty into me.

But I don't know, Im so paranoid about it all…say if the conversation between me and the guy Im talking to currently fades out and he doesn't reply, I'll instantly be all "thats it he doesn't like you anymore, he's never going to message you again", and then an hour or so later he'll message me again and I'll realise I was being stupid. AHHH I don't even know what I'm asking, just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to be more relaxed and less insecure about everything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
There are some guys that I like on Facebook but sometimes, I'm too shy to talk to them. So I sometimes put up a random post on Facebook that they might like to attract their attention when I see if they're online...
Reply 3
Original post by tumbleeboo
So I'm 17, and well recently, I've started caring WAY too much about getting attention from guys; maybe its an insecurity thing? Saying this in the most modest way possible, I know Im an attractive girl. Guys (and men) often stare at me in public, make comments to their friends, blah blah blah.. and to be honest, I love it to the point where when I go out, I feel disappointed if I dont get checked out at least once. Don't get me wrong, Im far from slutty - Im as virginy as it gets (never even kissed a boy), but I talk to loads of guys on Facebook/snapchat etc, and they all seem pretty into me.

But I don't know, Im so paranoid about it all…say if the conversation between me and the guy Im talking to currently fades out and he doesn't reply, I'll instantly be all "thats it he doesn't like you anymore, he's never going to message you again", and then an hour or so later he'll message me again and I'll realise I was being stupid. AHHH I don't even know what I'm asking, just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to be more relaxed and less insecure about everything!

I was about to ask you this.
what's the question?
You need a boyfriend
Original post by thecatwithnohat
what's the question?

Please try to keep up
Original post by FlyingNinja1
Please try to keep up

Why do they expect us to answer a question that only they would be able to find the answer to?

i'm trying to keep up with stupidity b

b

bubut

I can't.
Why do they expect us to answer a question that only they would be able to find the answer to?

b

bubut

I can't.

Thats alright. Now go. Go to bed
Maybe you feel validated by attention.
And maybe sometimes your emotions are just all over the place, at that age.

You know that your worries about guys you talk to are usually wrong, so just leave the thoughts out of your head. You don't have to be attracted to and attract every guy you meet.
Original post by tumbleeboo

Guys.... she has revealed the secret! THE SECRET I TELL YOU.

To score the 8's and 9's, even the 10's you must act aloof, reply sparsely, be hot and cold, give her your attention then withdraw it, and then you will confuse, disorientate, bewilder the woman straight into your bedroom where you will be given a one way ticket to the sugar walls.

Make sure to creampie it

-TheMaster

b

bubut

I can't.

Hey, that's mean.
And meanwhile other girls are whining about being "objectified"...usually ugly feminists that can't get anyone to be with.
Original post by PeakBellCurve II
Hey, that's mean.

I'm sorry if I come across as blunt but I just say it how it is.

I don't think I'll be giving OP any points to justify why making herself sexually appealing/attractive to men is something to aspire to but hey ho. From what she's written it just seems like its her insecurity speaking. But if validation is what she wants, then validation is what she will get.

I don't think I'll be giving OP any points to justify why making herself sexually appealing/attractive to men is something to aspire to but hey ho. From what she's written it just seems like its her insecurity speaking. But if validation is what she wants, then validation is what she will get.

You are so mean....
So naughty
You are so mean....
So naughty

oopsie x

I dunno, I feel like your animosity stems from jealousy. If it walks like a duck, acts like and duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck...
Reply 17
You need a boyfriend

and Jesus.
Original post by PeakBellCurve II
I dunno, I feel like your animosity stems from jealousy. If it walks like a duck, acts like and duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck...

Because speaking what is on my mind HAS TO mean that there's something spurring deep inside me, which in this case you assume is jealousy? Interesting..
Because speaking what is on my mind HAS TO mean that there's something spurring deep inside me, which in this case you assume is jealousy? Interesting..

Yeah, because your aggression is not commensurate with the content of her post so it's a reasonable conclusion to make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending