The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Find it ironic that Utd fans are giving arsenal grief for tonight & how they can't take the wumming. I remember saying a few weeks ago that I thought Man United fans were the worst for having a sense of entitlement to everything & about 5 jumped on me for it.

Tbf very few can take wumming well after they've dropped points.
Giroud is WASHED!! Abeg Arsene, sign a striker, I cannot take much more of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Our game in 2 weeks has 0-0 written all over it

nah i think you have our number at OT
it'll probably be our first loss of the season and we both know what happened to us after you beat us last time...

Original post by leinad2012
Oh people definitely have a distorted memory when it comes to dodgy decision or lucky goals. Like you say we'll remember the poor decisions against our side than the lucky ones.
However I completely disagree with the whole "the luck balances out over the season" as the statistician in me screams "bull****" because 38 games isn't a big sample size by any means (unless you say luck takes a binomial distribution and you're approximating it normally :tongue:) so it is quite conceivably that you could have a significant amount of luck go your way over the season

precisely, that effect only increases with time.
if i think back to two seasons ago, i can clearly remember the wrong offside in the City game and the awful Eto'o tackle in the Chelsea game, but i can barely remember any times we got a lucky goal in that season.

as i said, i try to believe luck balances out but the thing about luck is that it's seemingly random.
and i mean "true" luck - if you close down a defender relentlessly and he gifts you the ball for a goal, i'd call that more artificial luck.
last season, united really tested my hope that luck balances out - they seemed to get exactly what they needed every single week, however looking back on it i can't say for sure whether my rival fan bias and my obvious memory bias gives a true representation of how lucky they were over the season.

all in all, there will always be an aspect of fortune or misfortune in football.
that's part of what makes the sport so unpredictable and so spontaneous.
who knows when your shot is gonna hit a random beachball and deflect in to the net?

Original post by TornadoGR4

Liverpool dropped points, come at me bro :biggrin:
Wait...Giroud is our only recognised centre forward. Lmaooo

edit: Oh **** nawh. Welbeck and Campbell. nvm.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

At least Giroud isn't undroppable and he isn't on a 4 year contract earning 3 times the wages of anyone else in your squad :colonhash:

Wish AFTV would hurry up and upload btw, have to be up for work in 7 hours.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Find it ironic that Utd fans are giving arsenal grief for tonight & how they can't take the wumming. I remember saying a few weeks ago that I thought Man United fans were the worst for having a sense of entitlement to everything & about 5 jumped on me for it.

No one from arsenal has been that bad apart from me.

I'm not against the wumming though I'm just furious about the game
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Giroud's decent value for money though.
We've got a player who's nearly 30, earning 300k a week, doing **** all and to top it all off he's captain so he can play as **** as he likes and still be in the starting 11 whilst collecting his ridiculous wages.
Common sense that only Messi & Ronaldo should be earning that kind of money but we're United so we can pay what we like and not base our wage structure on a sensible bases. Your not happy? Have an extra 50k.
Anyone see the video of some geezer tryna punch Ty?
The cheek of some people. Can't be punching celebs like that:biggrin:.
Arsenal Fan TV?
Claude and TY meltdown.
And Moh going on about Chelsea have no history but how Liverpool should disregard their history and how Arsenal are more sucessful than Utd because of the last 2 seasons.
Can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 5629
Don't know why people watch that trash, found out today that fat Robbo has quit his job and is working on aftv full time. Disgusting that he makes a living on a guy with depression, a guy on some good stuff and some narcissist failed accountant.
Original post by Rk2k14
Anyone see the video of some geezer tryna punch Ty?
The cheek of some people. Can't be punching celebs like that:biggrin:.

Link?
Original post by leinad2012
Don't know why people watch that trash, found out today that fat Robbo has quit his job and is working on aftv full time. Disgusting that he makes a living on a guy with depression, a guy on some good stuff and some narcissist failed accountant.

And they probably don't get a penny either! Making a living off of them making an arse out of themselves and **** t-shirts.

I bet he is secretly happy when we have poor performances because he'll get that extra YouTube coin from the opposition views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No mert or kos since April 2012 when mighty Wigan came to the Emirates and won
Original post by AR_95
No one from arsenal has been that bad apart from me.

I'm not against the wumming though I'm just furious about the game

Why are you mad?

Both teams had chances; we hit the woodwork twice and (although it was a brilliant save) Benteke missed a sitter.

Granted I agree that the offside decision was stupid, but it's not like he was 5 years clear - your player was stood in line but the way he was leaning may have in that split second convinced the linesman he was offside. They don't get slow motion and they don't get replays. It was onside but it wasn't overwhelmingly obvious.
I would've been really pissed if it were reversed but these things happen all the time.

All in all, we owned the first half and you owned the second.
We had a great game and you were pretty poor.
A point each is a fair enough result although I understand why you're a little annoyed that you didn't take all 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Why are you mad?

Both teams had chances; we hit the woodwork twice and (although it was a brilliant save) Benteke missed a sitter.

Granted I agree that the offside decision was stupid, but it's not like he was 5 years clear - your player was stood in line but the way he was leaning may have in that split second convinced the linesman he was offside. They don't get slow motion and they don't get replays. It was onside but it wasn't overwhelmingly obvious.
I would've been really pissed if it were reversed but these things happen all the time.

All in all, we owned the first half and you owned the second.
We had a great game and you were pretty poor.
A point each is a fair enough result although I understand why you're a little annoyed that you didn't take all 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cos he's an Arsenal fan and they have a superiority complex when it comes to Liverpool.
Reply 5636
Arsenal fan tv was a bit rubbish today, no meltdowns
Original post by Zerforax
Cos he's an Arsenal fan and they have a superiority complex when it comes to Liverpool.

I know, I was gonna get in to that when he inevitably replies in an insulting and unconstructive manner.

It doesn't really matter what you say, they'll always find something to moan about...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
And they probably don't get a penny either! Making a living off of them making an arse out of themselves and **** t-shirts.

I bet he is secretly happy when we have poor performances because he'll get that extra YouTube coin from the opposition views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's big money in Youtube. I suspect he makes a tidy sum of money from it tbh. Same with Mckola and FTD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think the even scarier thing apart from Chamber's retarded playing yesterday was the fact that we just had no fluency in the turnovers of play. We just lacked any composure in our passing. Don't know what the hell was happening there. As a team, they did not do enough, can't pin it on one attacking player, thats the worrying thing too.

Latest