The Student Room Group

Do universities look and care about detentions?

Im about to start year 12 in the summer, I just received my GCSE results and I'm quite happy about them (I got 6 A*s and 5 A's), However midway through year 11 I was given an SLT detention (long story short- fighting with no injuries), which is kinda serious. This is literally a one off as I've NEVER received any form of detention prior to this. Will this affect my applications to universities in the future? Do universities see detentions and if so, how? Thanks a lot.
Yes I got a detention for forgetting to do my homework now I have to kiss my dreams of university goodbye and claim the dole.
Hahahaha, no, universities do not care that you got in one little fight and your mom got scared....
those gcse results are amazing. and no the dont care, i think they would care if you had a criminal record though.
Reply 4
Will universities care about suspensions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by OHamdy
Will universities care about suspensions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nop.

Your tutor(s), teacher(s) usually would never put anything that will be detrimental to your application unless they absolutely hate you.
lol no of course not.
You're even more paranoid than I was when I applied! You'll be fine :smile:
Universities only know about these things if your referee includes them in your reference.

They won't do that unless they have genuine doubts about your suitability for university - so make a good impression on them.

Quick Reply

Latest