The Student Room Group

Creepy sleep paralysis experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExRN
I was never stationed in Pompey unfortunately. Went to old naval hospital there though to do the submarine escape training. Was only a three day stay but not bad from what I remember. (it's was a drunk few days). Bournemouth is where they do diver training in the mob. Just off there anyway. Whale island maybe?
Mines not really a Rupert bear kind of ambition lol. I want to reach polyglot status and then just lesrn everything I can. I think that's what we are here for. Meaning of life is either internal or external depending on the individual I think and mine is definitely internal. As long as I have learnt everything I can for myself that will be my meaning fulfilled I think.

Learning, experiencing... Soul building stuff. Maximising our potential. Definitely.

My Aunt's ex husband was in the Navy - not sure what rank or anything though. All I know is they lived in Forces housing in Fareham. Had another Aunt's ex husband in the army who was a PT instructor until he got involved in an RTA sneaking his rookies on the back of a truck down a mountain after a hike and ended up blind in one eye. And another Aunt's husband was a fireman and their daughter married an Army officer - captain I think. So umm yeah, guess I have slight family ties to the forces/services

No idea where Whale island is though, sorry :tongue:.
Reply 61
Original post by Danno190
Learning, experiencing... Soul building stuff. Maximising our potential. Definitely.

My Aunt's ex husband was in the Navy - not sure what rank or anything though. All I know is they lived in Forces housing in Fareham. Had another Aunt's ex husband in the army who was a PT instructor until he got involved in an RTA sneaking his rookies on the back of a truck down a mountain after a hike and ended up blind in one eye. And another Aunt's husband was a fireman and their daughter married an Army officer - captain I think. So umm yeah, guess I have slight family ties to the forces/services

No idea where Whale island is though, sorry :tongue:.

I know nothing about the army at all man. Different world completely that one :-/ if your aunts ex husband was a submariner between 07 and 13 then it's likely I will know him. It's a small world that Navy. You never fancied the military vibe?
Original post by ExRN
I know nothing about the army at all man. Different world completely that one :-/ if your aunts ex husband was a submariner between 07 and 13 then it's likely I will know him. It's a small world that Navy. You never fancied the military vibe?

As far as I know he "got out" somewhere mid-00s. Surname of Lancaster?

Well I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't. But I'd fail the fitness tests (I scored *very* lowly on the bleep test at school), and definitely don't like the thought of the unthinkable happening. But wouldn't have minded something in comms or even just a support role such as field nurse or something. I dunno. Something not front line, but exciting and challenging still.
My brother also has frequent sleep paralysis (usually nothing scary and only unable to move for a short time) But, only recently he had a bad experience. He saw an old work friend screaming and shouting at him his eyes were red. The best he could describe him was he looked like a demon.

So, he tried to move and ended up falling off the bed.
Reply 64
As far as I know he "got out" somewhere mid-00s. Surname of Lancaster?

Well I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't. But I'd fail the fitness tests (I scored *very* lowly on the bleep test at school), and definitely don't like the thought of the unthinkable happening. But wouldn't have minded something in comms or even just a support role such as field nurse or something. I dunno. Something not front line, but exciting and challenging still.

Haha I worked in comms on submarines. Tucked out of the way in my little office playing with technical equipment. I didn't pass a fitness test for years in there lol. I was set to go and learn Arabic and pashto before I became ill. Would have been exciting enough I reckon. In that other thing dude there was something about emotional problems.... Do you think he means that he doesn't express emotion or emotions all over?
Original post by ExRN
Haha I worked in comms on submarines. Tucked out of the way in my little office playing with technical equipment. I didn't pass a fitness test for years in there lol. I was set to go and learn Arabic and pashto before I became ill. Would have been exciting enough I reckon. In that other thing dude there was something about emotional problems.... Do you think he means that he doesn't express emotion or emotions all over?

Almost like a present-day USS Scotty? lol
That was another thing I always fancied doing but never quite got into the techie way of thinking, following my granddad's footsteps and making electronics - he developed night vision things for Marconi before it got to him leading to his break-down.

But umm, possibly a bit of both? Different times of course. Or at least, worries he's doing it.
Reply 66
Almost like a present-day USS Scotty? lol
That was another thing I always fancied doing but never quite got into the techie way of thinking, following my granddad's footsteps and making electronics - he developed night vision things for Marconi before it got to him leading to his break-down.

But umm, possibly a bit of both? Different times of course. Or at least, worries he's doing it.

Marconi was the boss!! He never invented the radio though. Its a common misconception. It was patented to Tesla (wow he's been mentioned a bit lol). Marconi just stole the glory. Electronics is a good loner occupation I reckon. Just work away in quiet and invent new ****. With me "blunted effect". Look that up and see if that's a good description for it.
Original post by ExRN
Marconi was the boss!! He never invented the radio though. Its a common misconception. It was patented to Tesla (wow he's been mentioned a bit lol). Marconi just stole the glory. Electronics is a good loner occupation I reckon. Just work away in quiet and invent new ****. With me "blunted effect". Look that up and see if that's a good description for it.

I occasionally get tempted to build a lifesize semi-functioning replica of a TARDIS console with flashing lights in the cupboard under the stairs if that's relevant? lol

And yeah, that seems to describe the lack of emotion bit, sometimes when it feels like an extreme emotion would be "excusable" but just doesn't happen.
Reply 68
I occasionally get tempted to build a lifesize semi-functioning replica of a TARDIS console with flashing lights in the cupboard under the stairs if that's relevant? lol

And yeah, that seems to describe the lack of emotion bit, sometimes when it feels like an extreme emotion would be "excusable" but just doesn't happen.

A tardis lol! Never got into that program. I was more of an x files kind of guy. Can't really build anything from the x files unless I was to construct a replica FBI headquarters which would take a lot of bricks and all my life by myself. Don't think it meets my meaning of life Philosophy that.
As for the other thing.... Check your messages on your profile on here dude. Probably better to do what it says in there for your privacy. I don't personally care what I put on here because at the end of the day, I am only me.

Quick Reply

Latest