The Student Room Group

Urgently need help!

To put it shortly, My current college f*cked me and my grades up and I honestly cannot bare to go back there. I wanted to retake my AS year but most colleges have already finished applications and won't accept me. The last College that I could get into was Leyton and they just sent a message saying their places are full. I feel like I've pretty much f*cked up my whole life and generally feel like dropping out and ending my life. Could anyone please just help me figure out what to do?
Original post by minaeshi
To put it shortly, My current college f*cked me and my grades up and I honestly cannot bare to go back there. I wanted to retake my AS year but most colleges have already finished applications and won't accept me. The last College that I could get into was Leyton and they just sent a message saying their places are full. I feel like I've pretty much f*cked up my whole life and generally feel like dropping out and ending my life. Could anyone please just help me figure out what to do?

First thing, don't panic!

There is always something you can do :smile:

You can either wait a year and reenrol next year (getting yourself a job for 12 months to earn some ££ ready for uni) or you can enrol on an online A level course today and start your studies now!

There are plenty of solutions to the situation, so do not worry

M
First off, you should consider formal complaint, follow the procedure as far as you wish to take it.
Secondly, look at your options for redoing your AS levels. The problem with doing AS/A levels online is finding a school/college that will accept external candidates. It's this problem which has made me decide to do Access course instead but I'm over 19.
Third option is year out & start your A levels September next year.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Reply 3
Most online study courses don't do the main course I want to take, since it's practical course (fashion and textiles). I'll end up being held back 3 years if I take a gap year.
Original post by minaeshi
Most online study courses don't do the main course I want to take, since it's practical course (fashion and textiles). I'll end up being held back 3 years if I take a gap year.

We have a Fashion and Textiles course in Pembrokeshire College, I can speak to some of the staff and see if there is a way in which you can enrol as a remote student - no pressure, just giving you some options :smile:

M

Quick Reply

Latest