The Student Room Group

Why are there so many people without avatars?

Why do you not have an avatar?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GuppyFox

I love my guinea pig avatar :biggrin:, don't know how people survive TSR without an avatar tbh :laugh:
Only awesome people have avatars :smile:
Original post by That_Punk_Life
Only awesome people have avatars :smile:

:five:
Most of the ones without them probably realise they won't be around long enough to even bother.
I don't know how to do one. :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Most of the ones without them probably realise they won't be around long enough to even bother.

I just did a very comprehensive random survey of 3 avatar-less people on TSR frontpage - 2 signed up in 2013 and one in 2014. Must be deeper reasons! :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by william walker

On the green bar at the top you hover over your name, go on customise my TSR, then change avatar :redface:
Reply 8

I've got one! It really reflects my personal qualities too.

He's a good lad that Davalla. An integral member of the community.
Original post by william walker

Costumise my TSR>Change my Avatar simple :smile:

Why would I get one? I see no reason at all. And if I have no reason for doing something, I do not do it.

I have been for far longer than you have. And as you can see I have no avatar.
Original post by Juichiro

I have been for far longer than you have. And as you can see I have no avatar.

I'd wager the number of dupe and troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days far outnumbers the number of users such as yourself.

Also known as the lucky ones.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Also known as the lucky ones.

Don't drag me down with you, Mr 2008.
Don't drag me down with you, Mr 2008.

2008 isn't so bad really, it's only two ye-... wait, oh god, it's seven years... face melts.
Reply 15
why not
My face isn't worthy
I'd wager the number of dupe and troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days far outnumbers the number of users such as yourself.

That's misleading. Given a time period big enough (and your statement accounts for any time period size), the number of dupe/troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days will eventually outnumber the number of users in this site. Knowing that I am part of a sub-set that is smaller than the set of users in this site, it it is only logical that the number of dupe/troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days outnumbers the number of users. At any point, I assert that your use of dupe/troll accounts is not a valid measure to give a relative estimate of the number of users with no avatar.

My own interpretation is simpler and cleaner. Given enough time in this site, a user will learn how to put get an avatar, and given enough time, a user will get an avatar. Also, I presume, for some psychological reasons, such a user with an avatar is not likely to keep his profile avatar-less.
That's misleading. Given a time period big enough (and your statement accounts for any time period size), the number of dupe/troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days will eventually outnumber the number of users in this site. Knowing that I am part of a sub-set that is smaller than the set of users in this site, it it is only logical that the number of dupe/troll accounts made and deleted within the space of days outnumbers the number of users. At any point, I assert that your use of dupe/troll accounts is not a valid measure to give a relative estimate of the number of users with no avatar.

My own interpretation is simpler and cleaner. Given enough time in this site, a user will learn how to put get an avatar, and given enough time, a user will get an avatar. Also, I presume, for some psychological reasons, such a user with an avatar is not likely to keep his profile avatar-less.

Way to over think a throwaway comment.
Also, I presume, for some psychological reasons, such a user with an avatar is not likely to keep his profile avatar-less.

Hear that everyone? A user with an avatar is not likely to be avatar-less.

Groundbreaking stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest