The Student Room Group

Do's and Don'tswith British girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarleenQuinzel
I've literally never heard of the stereotype of British people being really ugly until today. I don't understand.

It seems to be quite a popular opinion imo. I've pretty much heard that british girls are ugly from my European friends and other international friends.

It seems to be a popular opinion in Europe that British people are atleast some of the "ugliest" Europeans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma Watson, Cara Delevingne,Emilia Clarke, Kate Beckinsale, Sienna Miller, Kelly Brooke, Keira Knightley, Jenna Coleman, Lily James, Rosamund Pike...
Behave yourselves!

I'd love to see the Turkish equivalent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mamoixen
Should he hold doors open for the woman too?

Of course he should. #1 rule if you want to **** a girl.
Original post by driftawaay
Of course he should. #1 rule if you want to **** a girl.

HAHA, what a load of rubbish. Never held a door open, Never bought a girl dinner or drinks, and still had plenty of successful relationships etc. The feeling of entitlement makes me sick haha.
HAHA, what a load of rubbish. Never held a door open, Never bought a girl dinner or drinks, and still had plenty of successful relationships etc. The feeling of entitlement makes me sick haha.

Well, you can still get laid if you don't aim high. Not every woman has high standards.
Original post by FrostyLemon
Emma Watson, Cara Delevingne,Emilia Clarke, Kate Beckinsale, Sienna Miller, Kelly Brooke, Keira Knightley, Jenna Coleman, Lily James, Rosamund Pike...
Behave yourselves!

You're talking about celebrities here, lol. Hardly an accurate representation of everyone that the OP will see.
Original post by driftawaay
Well, you can still get laid if you don't aim high. Not every woman has high standards.

Woman in general, depreciate over time i.e. they can only get worse over time, looks etc. Why spend money on something which will lose value, when you can invest it into equities or real estate which are likely to gain value overtime?
Woman in general, depreciate over time i.e. they can only get worse over time, looks etc. Why spend money on something which will lose value, when you can invest it into equities or real estate which are likely to gain value overtime?

The f**k is wrong with you? I'm male and the way you talk sickens me. Why are you referring to women as "something"?
You cannot compare a human being to material property or equity - especially a partner whom you find attractive, love, share interests, can confide in and share your life in!
The fact that appearance depreciates with age is an opinion - and please bear in mind the same occurs with men!

Shame that all you can think about is " equity" rather than finding someone you like. So sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoenixsilver
The f**k is wrong with you? I'm male and the way you talk sickens me. Why are you referring to women as "something"?
You cannot compare a human being to material property or equity - especially a partner whom you find attractive, love, share interests, can confide in and share your life in!
The fact that appearance depreciates with age is an opinion - and please bear in mind the same occurs with men!

Shame that all you can think about is " equity" rather than finding someone you like. So sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg calm down. Dont feed the troll. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excuse me, sir? I'll let you off since you made a post about being a home-schooled 'rich kid' and you mentioned you're only 15 years old, so I'll simply pass you off as immature, naieve and inexperienced.

Secondly, your talking about ''love, share interests, can confide in and share your life in!''. What a load of old non-sense, are you so uneducated and frivolous that your conclusion was that I was equating women to objects1? Assuming you can read, have you actually read any of the context? The Cara Delvigny wannabe said with words to the effect and I quote ''Ofcourse the man should open the door for the woman, it's the number one way to get her into bed'' and ''Women who don't want to be taken out for meals and get treated, don't have high standards''.I was simply stating, if a man want's to **** a girl, as the Cara Delviny wannabe puts it, why should he take her out for meals and grant her the feeling of entitlement? When you grow up, you'll realise that a girl you want to marry isn't instantly the girl who you feel you have to cater to in order to get into bed. Of course if you actually love someone, it should be equal and you should grant each other respect. I'm afraid, and I'll say it again, due to your extremely tunnelled upbringing and experience, you have quite clearly missed the entire point.

Shame you can't read.
(edited 8 years ago)
Excuse me, sir? I'll let you off since you made a post about being a home-schooled 'rich kid' and you mentioned you're only 15 years old, so I'll simply pass you off as immature, naieve and inexperienced.

Secondly, your talking about ''love, share interests, can confide in and share your life in!''. What a load of old non-sense, are you so uneducated and frivolous that your conclusion was that I was equating women to objects1? Assuming you can read, have you actually read any of the context? The Cara Delvigny wannabe said with words to the effect and I quote ''Ofcourse the man should open the door for the woman, it's the number one way to get her into bed'' and ''Women who don't want to be taken out for meals and get treated, don't have high standards''.I was simply stating, if a man want's to **** a girl, as the Cara Delviny wannabe puts it, why should he take her out for meals and grant her the feeling of entitlement? When you grow up, you'll realise that a girl you want to marry isn't instantly the girl who you feel you have to cater to in order to get into bed. Of course if you actually love someone, it should be equal and you should grant each other respect. I'm afraid, and I'll say it again, due to your extremely tunnelled upbringing and experience, you have quite clearly missed the entire point.

Shame you can't read.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original post by FrostyLemon
Behave yourselves!

Really?

Swap for Rachel Riley & Rachel Weisz.

Shame you can't read.

Just because I'm 15 years old doesn't mean I haven't got a rounded view of equality. In fact I would hasten to add that this is a website for students.

Your views towards women are old fashioned and quite frankly abhorrent. You cannot expect to treat women like material objects. They are human beings that deserve equal status to males - why is this contested?

The practice of opening doors for women and treating to nice meals is an act of chivalry. Why do you begrudge such nice, happy things? Why do people like yourself want to twist everything to make it negative?

If a man wants to open a door for a woman then he should be able to do so. Just as she could for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because I'm 15 years old doesn't mean I haven't got a rounded view of equality. In fact I would hasten to add that this is a website for students.

Your views towards women are old fashioned and quite frankly abhorrent. You cannot expect to treat women like material objects. They are human beings that deserve equal status to males - why is this contested?

The practice of opening doors for women and treating to nice meals is an act of chivalry. Why do you begrudge such nice, happy things? Why do people like yourself want to twist everything to make it negative?

If a man wants to open a door for a woman then he should be able to do so. Just as she could for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly: Yes this a website for students, though this specific thread is listed in the 'relationships' section of the forum. For example, I wouldn't bother wondering into the 'Media' part of the forum, as I have no EXPERIENCE there.

Secondly: My views aren't old fashioned, in fact, chivalry was rife in the 1950's, which is in era in which I think we could both agree, most people would describe as 'old fashioned'.

Thirdly: ''They are human beings who deserve equal status''? Pathetic. No one is contesting that women shouldn't have equal rights. There is a difference between women, and 'girls' who feel a sense of entitlement of food, clothes, jewellery, and pedestals. Chivalry is long gone, in essence it's analogous to legalised prostitution.

Fourthly: I have no problem with women, I've been in a long-term relationship with my current girlfriend. On the other hand, I don't like girls who think the only way a guy can get them into bed is if the guy spends money on them.

Simple, and I'll reiterate, it's a great shame indeed, that you've found it very difficult to understand my point, and it's point within the context of what the Cara Delvigny wannabe said.
Firstly: Yes this a website for students, though this specific thread is listed in the 'relationships' section of the forum. For example, I wouldn't bother wondering into the 'Media' part of the forum, as I have no EXPERIENCE there.

Secondly: My views aren't old fashioned, in fact, chivalry was rife in the 1950's, which is in era in which I think we could both agree, most people would describe as 'old fashioned'.

Thirdly: ''They are human beings who deserve equal status''? Pathetic. No one is contesting that women shouldn't have equal rights. There is a difference between women, and 'girls' who feel a sense of entitlement of food, clothes, jewellery, and pedestals. Chivalry is long gone, in essence it's analogous to legalised prostitution.

Fourthly: I have no problem with women, I've been in a long-term relationship with my current girlfriend. On the other hand, I don't like girls who think the only way a guy can get them into bed is if the guy spends money on them.

Simple, and I'll reiterate, it's a great shame indeed, that you've found it very difficult to understand my point, and it's point within the context of what the Cara Delvigny wannabe said.

I agree - a woman shouldn't need to be burdened with gifts and jewellery and money - but the majority of women aren't like this.
You may get this impression from our media and Hollywood, but in real life these "gold diggers" are rarely tolerated.
Legalised prostitution is nothing to do with it - I think the issue is that sometimes, if you do have money, you are wary that the woman could be with you for money as opposed to attraction/love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree - a woman shouldn't need to be burdened with gifts and jewellery and money - but the majority of women aren't like this.
You may get this impression from our media and Hollywood, but in real life these "gold diggers" are rarely tolerated.
Legalised prostitution is nothing to do with it - I think the issue is that sometimes, if you do have money, you are wary that the woman could be with you for money as opposed to attraction/love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the risk of sounding perhaps a little conceited, I think you're somewhat naïve. To be concurrent with your views of modern feminism, I think you better leave it for the females to conclude whether or not jewellery, gifts and money are a burden to them. Only to answer for them, wouldn't be an act of chivalry or at least gentlemanly behaviour now would it?

On another point, I'm glad I've swayed you around to my way of thinking. Have a nice day.

Quick Reply

Latest