The Student Room Group

A level subject choices?

Hello,

I have just applied for alevels and I don't know what option choices would be better.I am better at essay based subjects than maths/science subjects.I got A*'s in English,rs and history at GCSE and B's in everything else.
I am thinking about these 2 subject combinations:
1) history,English literature,ethics and philosophy and (psychology/English language/business studies)
2) theatre studies,english literature,business studies and psychology

In the future I want to do either business at university or English literature with something else. Also I really enjoy drama but I am not the best at it so I am worried I would do better in another subject- is theatre studies really hard?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by annaw.16
Hello,

I have just applied for alevels and I don't know what option choices would be better.I am better at essay based subjects than maths/science subjects.I got A*'s in English,rs and history at GCSE and B's in everything else.
1) history,English literature,ethics and philosophy and (psychology/English language/business studies)

In the future I want to do either business at university or English literature with something else. Also I really enjoy drama but I am not the best at it so I am worried I would do better in another subject- is theatre studies really hard?

Many thanks!

Does your sixth form not offer business at a level?
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
Does your sixth form not offer business at a level?

Yes it does
Reply 3
Yes it does

Then I would advise doing that based on what you said
Hello,

Many thanks!

English Literature is good for essays, I have just done AS Lit in Y12 and came out with a C with 8 marks to a B. Coursework is easy and exam once you get your head round it. Just depends if you prepared for lots of reading, because if AQA exam board you have to read 9-12 books over a year so your heavily prepared for the exam. There are 2 books for coursework with a question i.e. mine was motherhood in prose and drama and then you have to read 3 more to link with it. The rest you have to source yourself and use them as quotes in your exam which is extract and poetry.
Reply 5
Original post by samwilson1998
English Literature is good for essays, I have just done AS Lit in Y12 and came out with a C with 8 marks to a B. Coursework is easy and exam once you get your head round it. Just depends if you prepared for lots of reading, because if AQA exam board you have to read 9-12 books over a year so your heavily prepared for the exam. There are 2 books for coursework with a question i.e. mine was motherhood in prose and drama and then you have to read 3 more to link with it. The rest you have to source yourself and use them as quotes in your exam which is extract and poetry.

Thank you for this I am looking forward to it!

Quick Reply

Latest