The Student Room Group

GF cant/wont go on the Pill

I am seeing a girl who says she cannot go on the Pill for medical reasons, but she will not tell me those medical reasons. Every time i bring them up, she changes the subject.

So i wanna know what those medical reasons can be.... I am not saying i think she is lying, i just wanna know those reason may be.
The pill can cause blood clots resulting in death... Wouldn't risk my life over a mans want to not use condoms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viln
So i wanna know what those medical reasons can be.... I am not saying i think she is lying, i just wanna know those reason may be.

She may, for example, be taking something else that's incompatible with it. but it doesn't matter.

Ultimately, it's none of your business. Drop it before she drops you.
Original post by unprinted
She may, for example, be taking something else that's incompatible with it. but it doesn't matter.

Ultimately, it's none of your business. Drop it before she drops you.

Yup. The medication I currently take stops the pill from working.
she may be taking another medication that she can't combine

you're not recommended to take the pill if you or a family member has a history of certain things e.g. blood clots, depression

you can't take it if your blood pressure is too high

some people have bad reactions to the pill so she may have tried it in the past and it made her sick
Original post by viln
I am seeing a girl who says she cannot go on the Pill for medical reasons, but she will not tell me those medical reasons. Every time i bring them up, she changes the subject.

There are loads of reasons such as the ones mentioned above. Even if there are no medical reasons, a girl has every right to choose not to go on the pill, you only have to read the threads about it in this forum to see that the pill can cause a lot of issues for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's her own personal choice. Whether there is a medical reason or not. My ex-housemate said the first pill she took gave her a three-month long period. Some people just don't want to trust themselves to take the pill the exact same time each day. You do not have the right to know about her medical history or health choices unless it is something that could impact your own physical health.
Reply 7
As others have said, there are many, personal, reasons why your GF might not be able to use the pill. Show some consideration by not pushing it. Either wear a condom or concentrate on other ways of getting her off.
Original post by viln

Just drop it. It's not something for you to be concerned about, if you're/want to be sexually active try other contraceptives.
Reply 9
Other than the things already mentioned a girl might not be able to use the pill due to a family history of stroke or breast cancer or because she gets migraines with aura.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Other than the things already mentioned a girl might not be able to use the pill due to a family history of stroke or breast cancer or because she gets migraines with aura.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi just wondering is it okay to take the mini/pop pill with a family history of breast cancer? My doctor told me it was the oestrogen in the combined pill that was the risk factor and therefore suggested the mini pill, but on the mini pill's documents online, breast cancer is still considered a risk?
Reply 11
Original post by bananasplit321
Hi just wondering is it okay to take the mini/pop pill with a family history of breast cancer? My doctor told me it was the oestrogen in the combined pill that was the risk factor and therefore suggested the mini pill, but on the mini pill's documents online, breast cancer is still considered a risk?

On net doctor it says women shouldn't take the mini pill if they have a history of breast cancer but I'm not sure if that includes family history or if they previously had it.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/mini-pills.htm
Original post by gemmam
On net doctor it says women shouldn't take the mini pill if they have a history of breast cancer but I'm not sure if that includes family history or if they previously had it.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/mini-pills.htm

maybe it means personal history of B/c then !
Reply 13
It's none of your damn business. Her private reasons are her private reasons and if she doesn't want you to know, then you should've just accepted that instead of digging around for answers.
Hormonal medication affects different people in different ways; heart problems, depression, acne, blood clots, there are loads of reasons why someone might avoid the pill.

One girl I know started taking the pill and just started bleeding constantly and heavily. She had to go to hospital because she lost so much blood.

If you're so averse to using condoms, why don't you just get a vasectomy...?

Quick Reply

Latest