The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by binkierose
Will be more than happy to post some background info on us both too - how we met, etc.

Seriously though, ask me anything(:
cute you're dating a peadophile your parents must be so proud.
What a silly little girl you must be
How does it feel that you are going out with someone that is essentially a pedophile.
Reply 143
Original post by StrawbAri
People are outraged/dumbfounded now but I bet in the next 15 years this kind of relationship will be perfectly normal.
Years ago this is how people felt about gay and interracial couples. Everyone thought it was taboo back then but now it's general consensus that those relationships are perfectly normal.

That is a ludicrous statement. How far do you want go push it until it stops being the norm? Him up to 50 her down to 13? It can't become the norm for age gaps to exist like that. For arguments sake.... Say it was the other way around and the woman was older. A 16 year old male and a 36 year old woman, should they intend to have children, therw is an exponential increased risk of that child developing a chromosome disorder such as downssyndrome. Age does make a ddifference to the advancement of civilisation and I'm no expert but I would hazard a guess that if it became the norm for males to be over 35 and females to be 16, there would be more issues with the birth. Over time, male fertility drops and becomes more and more difficult to conceive. If they population thought like this, could that spell the end sooner than planned? Doesn't matter with the gay or straight thing, they are not creating offspring. If you believe the theory of evolution too, this would hinder the evolution of species. If you think about it, good genes survive and thrive, bad genes die. How this process works is the genetic coding picks the best gene from a two pair and the bad one dies after a generation. With this age gap it is mixing different generations of genes. It would slow human progression down over time. (if you believe Darwin, Dawkins etc)
Reply 144
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
That's exactly what someone would do.

If that's right, I feel a Jay and silent Bob moment coming on and knocking on the door to confront!
Ive not been running the stop watch but I do imagine I've spent a good 45 minutes punching keys on my phone to reply when that could have easily been spent more constructively with an episode of lie to me or a classic episode of crimewatch on YouTube!!!
Reply 145
Original post by hilrho
Cant say I don't agree.

But no seriously I'm too mature for my age, sometimes I feel like I'm 90. Even my grandma has more fun than me and she is ancient!

Im really mature for my age. So ner ner!
Reply 146
He's the same age as my mother.

Keep an eye on her when he's around.
Original post by ExRN
Im really mature for my age. So ner ner!

Ze paradox
Original post by ExRN
That is a ludicrous statement. How far do you want go push it until it stops being the norm? Him up to 50 her down to 13? It can't become the norm for age gaps to exist like that. For arguments sake.... Say it was the other way around and the woman was older. A 16 year old male and a 36 year old woman, should they intend to have children, therw is an exponential increased risk of that child developing a chromosome disorder such as downssyndrome. Age does make a ddifference to the advancement of civilisation and I'm no expert but I would hazard a guess that if it became the norm for males to be over 35 and females to be 16, there would be more issues with the birth. Over time, male fertility drops and becomes more and more difficult to conceive. If they population thought like this, could that spell the end sooner than planned? Doesn't matter with the gay or straight thing, they are not creating offspring. If you believe the theory of evolution too, this would hinder the evolution of species. If you think about it, good genes survive and thrive, bad genes die. How this process works is the genetic coding picks the best gene from a two pair and the bad one dies after a generation. With this age gap it is mixing different generations of genes. It would slow human progression down over time. (if you believe Darwin, Dawkins etc)

Look, I never said I want this to be normal. I just said that with how progressive society is it is likely that it will become normal soon enough.
All these arguments have been put forward before. People also argued that homosexuality was detrimental to evolution (for whatever reason, I can't even remember).
There will be people who will argue with you and say you are wrong. They will call you close minded, illiberal, whatever.
I just think no matter how detrimental to evolution/outrageous/stupid you think it is it is likely that it will become the norm soon enough. Maybe not 13 yo's and 50 yo's necessarily. There might be a set limit.
People also said that it couldn't be the norm for two people of the same sex to be in a sexual relationship but they were proved wrong weren't they?
you're being used, but if you're alright with that then fine. Just make sure he uses protection, a lot of predators dont to spread their seed on the young fruit
Original post by Josb
Keep an eye on her when he's around.

He probably wouldn't be interested in women his age and only goes for little girls.
Will be more than happy to post some background info on us both too - how we met, etc.

Seriously though, ask me anything(:

Why/how do you have anything in common? He's looking at mortgages and you are looking at drinking for the first time. How do you not see the problem with this?
Also does he not want to settle down etc?

So many things wrong with this...
jesus christ...how does a 36 year old man have any interest in or relate to a 16 year old girl? that's so creepy
are you just doing this to make your parents angry?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 153
Let me put it this way. My little sister is 13, coming up to 14. If in two years time she starts dating a 36-year-old man, I will come home from university (will be starting the third year then) and beat seven shades of blood and sh*t out of him.

Do you know why I would do this? It is because I feel physically sick at the idea of my little sister being used as a sex object by a perverted man-child.
(edited 8 years ago)
is he as old as your dad? that'd be cool
Reply 155
Original post by VannR
will be starting the third year then) .

Does that mean you will be a big boy then?
does it fit?
Reply 157
sugar daddy or nah
Original post by ExRN

I can see the logic here but with low birth rates and abortion i think it's not much of an issue from that point of view. Eventually they'll get a normal child and with low birth rates it won't matter if they only hand 1 (or often in these cases, the guy may be divorced and already have a child).

I can understand the posters logic in that as feminism grants more power to women to actively seek older partners it could be more common, we also already have a society which takes the view that what most other people do is none of somebodys business.

In Japan for example, it's much more common.
Reply 159
I don't think she has posted in a while the OP. I know im the new kid on the block with no authority for anything but would it not be wise to shut this post down now everyone has made their point and with the amount of disapproval, I don't think it will do the lass any good to read more. Only a suggestion :-/

Latest