The Student Room Group

HELP

I am just about to start my alevels but I have a clear plan for the future. I would like to study English literature and English language at the goldsmiths university of London, but to do that I need to have an A in both at GCSE and I only have a B!! Is it worth the resit?
Original post by secretagent98
I am just about to start my alevels but I have a clear plan for the future. I would like to study English literature and English language at the goldsmiths university of London, but to do that I need to have an A in both at GCSE and I only have a B!! Is it worth the resit?

Hi there,

I hope that I can give some relevant information about things:

You say that you would like to study English Literature and English Language at university; however the university you are interested in wants an A at GCSE, and you have a B.

Firstly, have you had a look on the UCAS website for 2016 to check entry requirements? I have just checked the UCAS search facility and they do not mention a GCSE requirement, but they do require English Language/Literature to be at an A grade at A Level.

Secondly, have you had a look at other universities in your area? There might be other universities offering your course, that do not have GCSE requirements (though having said that, I can't see a GCSE requirement on UCAS, just ABB at A Level with A in English Lang/Lit). Having said that A Level results are more important than GCSE results and this may also be taken into account. It must be borne in mind that you can apply to up to 5 universities through UCAS.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need any more help and I'll try my best!

Quick Reply

Latest