The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

98/100 UMS for both units. A overall; happy!
Reply 3361
I got 86/100 ums for PSYA 1 and then 97/100 ums for PSYA 2, which is so odd as I found the second paper harder!!!
Reply 3362
How do we convert our ums to raw marks??
Guys do you think I should get my Unit 1 remarked?

I got exactly a D...but was 4 marks off a C.
Or does it just sound stupid?
Reply 3364
Does anyone have the examiners report?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 78 ums in both of the exams. Kind of annoyed but whatever.
I really don't understand :rofl: I know the exam was quite easy, but getting 90+ UMS is just insane??? :awesome::tongue:. I guess those 4Mark questions that gave like 50lines for us to answer should have been filled :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
I really don't understand :rofl: I know the exam was quite easy, but getting 90+ UMS is just insane??? :awesome::tongue:. I guess those 4Mark questions that gave like 50lines for us to answer should have been filled :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The examiners report actually mentions the excessive amount of lines for the smaller questions and how this has effected marks. It states that simply because there are more lines, there is no greater expectation of the amount of content needed to fulfil the criteria for the full marks. However, if a student is to write unrelated content for the sake of feeling they need to fill the lines, naturally, marks would have been deducted. Definitely threw a few people off at my centre as the immediate response is to question 'Why on earth have they given me so many lines for a two marker?!', quite unfair / deceptive actually.
Original post by jcsiah
The examiners report actually mentions the excessive amount of lines for the smaller questions and how this has effected marks. It states that simply because there are more lines, there is no greater expectation of the amount of content needed to fulfil the criteria for the full marks. However, if a student is to write unrelated content for the sake of feeling they need to fill the lines, naturally, marks would have been deducted. Definitely threw a few people off at my centre as the immediate response is to question 'Why on earth have they given me so many lines for a two marker?!', quite unfair / deceptive actually.

Yeah I was only joking, during the exam I knew it was extra space anyways. Like I got an A (thank God) but it wasn't a crazy A like 95ums LOOL. But yeah sorry, I was only joking in that post :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, mate needs 14 UMS for the next grade (A) in psychology unit 1. He felt as though the exam went alot better. Whats the chances of it going up????

Has anyone got their remark back and if so how much did it go up by? ??
Original post by Mo_Jo.
Hi, mate needs 14 UMS for the next grade (A) in psychology unit 1. He felt as though the exam went alot better. Whats the chances of it going up????

Has anyone got their remark back and if so how much did it go up by? ??

14 ums is a lot
I doubt it'll go up to an A
It might go up two-three ums
But 14?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone reccomend good textbooks /revision guides for aqa a psychology AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.jpg
Original post by Hibzish
I have attached a pic of the front cover for the one I used, it's pretty damn good and managed me to get an A!!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethygirl
image.jpg

Original post by Hibzish

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the old specification and outdated now, you need either the complete companion 4th edition (for the new spec) or Google Loopa Psychology - that will help.
Just got my remark back and I was one mark, overall, off an A, so gutted :unimpressed:
Original post by Eliseee_
Just got my remark back and I was one mark, overall, off an A, so gutted :unimpressed:

Sorry to hear that, the examiners are pain in the asses, why not bump that one mark up as well?! I guess there's always resits! so stay positive 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have notes on research method chapter ?
Original post by x-Char-x
For 12 mark questions, I break it down into the method and then the findings. Afterwards, I learn the evaluation, I find that by doing this, I am rehearsing the information repeatedly. I do this before I do any practice questions. I then sit a do a paper, I always plan my answer out with what I know, write my essay and then see if I missed anything out. I then figure out what it is I need to memorise more.

Char I take on a similar method now, I cam on here yesterday and it got me thinking alot about the way i revise I tried taking a short cut buying essays but that hasn't helped. I now look at examination qs, then revise what i think should go into the answer and then i close my book and have a go at the questions. I spoke to my teacher this morning and she said she would be happy to mark this for me. She was shared with the class these revision courses happening in Windsor. I am not sure if I am going yet, but they are apparently run by aqa a examiners and she knows one of the teachers and says it would be worthwhile if we could make it. I think I might go but I know that a whole revision day may not be enough for me, so i am working hard everyday and have drawn up a revision timetable for 6 days a week. I have Saturdays off, alos because I work part time, so really need to rest when i get in at night.

So far in psychology my worst topic is memory but my most enjoyable is psychopathology...what about you guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending