The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieGakusei
Would you say that having such a wide age gap places strain on your relationship, or do you find it easy to ignore?

Not at all! We find it easy to ignore because we're so similar:biggrin:

Original post by FatherTime
Assuming your dad is still around, what does he think and what was his initial reaction?

He's only been in my life for the past two/three months and I have absolutely no interest in what he says. He's not been around long enough to form an opinion on my life that I actually care for.
Original post by Bill_Gates
he must be rich no?

He can support himself and indulge - but that's not why I'm with him.
do you watch anime?
Reply 223
Ever seen "An Education"? Really good film that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
😓 Really? This thread is f***** up I'm turning 16 in a few months and I will never think of dating a 36 year old man if my mum and dad knew about this I will never see that light of day again.

I'm really really worried about you.

That 20 year age gap tho :afraid::lolwut:
Original post by FatherTime
do you watch anime?

I do, yes :smile:

Original post by LSD
Ever seen "An Education"? Really good film that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I haven't. I do hope it isn't just a movie about a girl being manipulated and all of her dreams being stopped :/
Original post by Starlight15
😓 Really? This thread is f***** up I'm turning 16 in a few months and I will never think of dating a 36 year old man if my mum and dad knew about this I will never see that light of day again.

I'm really really worried about you.

That 20 year age gap tho :afraid::lolwut:

I can assure you I'm perfectly safe. If I had even the slightest doubt that I wasn't then believe me, I would be running!
Reply 227
Original post by binkierose
Not at all! We find it easy to ignore because we're so similar:biggrin:

He's only been in my life for the past two/three months and I have absolutely no interest in what he says. He's not been around long enough to form an opinion on my life that I actually care for.

What do your boyfriend's mates think of him dating a 16 year old? Or are they all 16 too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
What does your boyfriends mates think of him dating a 16 year old? Or are they all 16 too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

His friends don't seem to care either way. They know me as well, so they know what we're like, rather than making a judgement based on something they're reading on the internet. Oh, and they're all over the age of 25 :smile:
A 36yo playing dance games in an arcade, sad **** needs to get a life.
Original post by GangBang
A 36yo playing dance games in an arcade, sad **** needs to get a life.

But most of the community are within a 10 year gap of that age?xD you'd be calling a lot of people that.
But most of the community are within a 10 year gap of that age?xD you'd be calling a lot of people that.

What community?? Dancing in an arcade community? That's for teenagers/pre teens. Sounds like a peado hot spot to me.
He can support himself and indulge - but that's not why I'm with him.

i bet :wink:
Original post by GangBang
What community?? Dancing in an arcade community? That's for teenagers/pre teens. Sounds like a peado hot spot to me.

The dance game community. If you did a bit of research you'd soon see - with a single search, I've found the European competition that you have to be at least 18 to enter. It's not for teenagers. Do you have any relation to the community? I think not. Instead of basing your response from a personal, uneducated viewpoint, try to educate yourself on the subject first - maybe then you'll have a valid argument :smile:
Original post by High Stakes
Does he buy you a lot of gifts through his pension scheme? Or do you two just go out on crazy dates from his bucket list?

LOOOOOL
The dance game community. If you did a bit of research you'd soon see - with a single search, I've found the European competition that you have to be at least 18 to enter. It's not for teenagers. Do you have any relation to the community? I think not. Instead of basing your response from a personal, uneducated viewpoint, try to educate yourself on the subject first - maybe then you'll have a valid argument :smile:

Lol I cant even....

Now, since some people are making a huge fuss over 'maturity' of us both - I'm mature. Sure, you probably laughed a little when you read that, but I am. I've been through a fair bit of ****. Obviously, that alone won't be a good enough response so let me expand on my point. I was sexually abused by an older male (not considerably older, but he was 16 and I was 11) for over a year. I was absolutely petrified during this time and couldn't tell anyone. The guy physically beat me, smashed up my mums car one night because I refused to do something, and self harmed in front of me when he didn't get his way immediately. Like, I dealt with a lot of ****. It brought me into a year long fight with self harm&depression and caused anxiety/panic attacks that I still have to this day. After years of intense therapy, I have finally recovered. I'm a much, much stronger person and I don't deal with anyone's ****. I have been discharged from therapy and I'm so much happier and have learnt to deal with it well. I still have a therapist that I go and see when I need to, but that's rare. Now, before you say he's used this to get to me and I'm 'vulnerable', he didn't know about this until we were way into our relationship. I refuse to have sex or do anything sexual - it's something I feel should be special, especially after the abuse I went through. He understands and is fully supporting of my decisions. As well as that, I've dealt with bullying all my life and to this day have never, ever had proper friends outside of arcades. All of this has made me grow up very quickly. If any of you knew me personally, you'd see and understand this.

So how long have you been together exactly? What kind of reactions has he had from friends/co-workers/family?

Just my two cents, if you don't mind:

Spoiler

Dancing games aside, can you actually dance or nah?
Original post by carlaraptor
So how long have you been together exactly? What kind of reactions has he had from friends/co-workers/family?

Just my two cents, if you don't mind:

Spoiler

We've been together a few months. I'm not sure if he's told people at work? His family know, and were a bit funny at first but once they'd met me they were fine :smile: I get along well with his family and can have proper discussions with them which is good! Friends aren't bothered. Nobody we know (friend-wise) seems to care at all, which we're grateful for.

Maybe I could PM you to talk a little more?
Has he introduced you to his friends/family?

What do your friends think of it?

What are the reactions when you go out together in public?

Latest