The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

I didn't get to the ihs payment at all.. I mean you're supposed to be allotted a reference number even if you don't have to pay. Didn't happen for me..
Reply 221
Original post by confusee123
I didn't get to the ihs payment at all.. I mean you're supposed to be allotted a reference number even if you don't have to pay. Didn't happen for me..

True dat, cos i got mine. I guess you could have asked the officer for the way forward....
I don't know if I can post my question here,but can I apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for doing Mphil in Finance at Cambridge? (P.S The list includes economics )
Original post by Hunter14
Oh ok. Oxford University.
Goodness, since they said July and we now in July, I keep checking my mail frequently now. lol

Hi Hunter, I was also offered a commonwealth scholarship to Oxford. I'm from Kenya. Which course did you apply to?
Original post by Kogosi
Okay that is great, let us wait for the confirmation. I know it will be sent soon. Where are you from? I come from Kenya

Hi Kogosi, also from kenya. Which uni and course did u apply to?
Reply 225
Original post by vellaawino
Hi Kogosi, also from kenya. Which uni and course did u apply to?

Hi Vella, I am going to the University of Greenwich for MSc. Sustainable Environmental Management. Join this group on facebook Commonwealth Shared Scholars 2015/2016
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by daemonhassan
i am on the reserve list too, have they started announcing winners? i got nominated at cambridge.

Hey!...did you hear from CSC? Someone from the trust had written to me earlier telling me that they will get back to me by the middle of the month, and no one did. I don't understand what is going on. Are they just going to send in rejection mails next week? I am also eligible for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship and I haven't heard anything about that either:frown:
Original post by artinair
Hey!...did you hear from CSC? Someone from the trust had written to me earlier telling me that they will get back to me by the middle of the month, and no one did. I don't understand what is going on. Are they just going to send in rejection mails next week? I am also eligible for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship and I haven't heard anything about that either:frown:

Contacted my uni (Newcastle) and here is what I was told
"
I am writing to advise you that your application has been placed on a reserve list of candidates. This means that if one of the winning candidates was to decline their award for any reason, then depending on the funding situation, it may be possible to offer you this scholarship.Please bear in mind that most winning candidates do end up accepting their awards - so it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you this scholarship. We will let you know as soon as we can give you a definitive outcome to your application.
"
Reply 228
Hi everyone,

Is anyone going to Cambridge? I am going there and my PO is Terri Jacques, she had been sending me email to provide a conditional offer letter and does anyone of you receive such letter at any point of the application? I know that unconditional offer letter is issued in the end when final decision is made but what about conditional offer letter?
Reply 229
Hi,

Is anyone travelling to Cambridge from India?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 230
Original post by Jiho
Hi everyone,

Is anyone going to Cambridge? I am going there and my PO is Terri Jacques, she had been sending me email to provide a conditional offer letter and does anyone of you receive such letter at any point of the application? I know that unconditional offer letter is issued in the end when final decision is made but what about conditional offer letter?

Hey Jiho, go join the commonwealth shared scholars 2015 group on facebook.

I'm also going to cambridge. My PO is equally Terri Jacques. Your conditional offer letter can be found on your self service account. Search for Print Offer Certificate....and there u go.

Congrats!
Reply 231
Dear Kosb,

Thank you for the reply. I have just checked with the department I applied to and they told me that my application is still being reviewed by the department. Hence, my conditional offer letter is not ready in the system. Guess I have to make a deferment since the deadline for supporting documents submission is on this Friday. :frown:
Reply 232
Original post by Jiho
Dear Kosb,

Thank you for the reply. I have just checked with the department I applied to and they told me that my application is still being reviewed by the department. Hence, my conditional offer letter is not ready in the system. Guess I have to make a deferment since the deadline for supporting documents submission is on this Friday. :frown:

Hmmmm, dat's kinda strange. I mean, for your department to nominate you for the scholarship, they should have accepted your application. I believe its a matter of time. You will be notified in no distant time.
Reply 233
Hi Kosb,

Glad to hear from you. I am having my fingers crossed. By the way, do you have any idea if there is a deadline to courier certified documents to Cambridge? Is it on 31st July too? Thanks.
Hey do my do doctor need to send my medical report form as well?
hi do my doctor need to send my medical reports as well?
i am a recent recipient, do i need to fill all the forms at once and send them to my contact at CSC?
Please add me to the facebook Page email is [email protected]

Try this link :
https://w ww. facebook.com/groups/1423844694610782

Remove the extra spaces I added in

Yes you should ideally send all forms at once,however your medical report form can be delayed if you cannot avoid that.
Reply 238
i am a recent recipient, do i need to fill all the forms at once and send them to my contact at CSC?

Hey daemonhassan!

So you were finally put off the reserve list and offered a place?
Wow, congratulations! :smile:

Unfortunately, some of us reserves haven't heard anything at all, and it seems more unlikely now that we'll be offered a place. Also, I can no longer access my EAS application.

When were you informed of your acceptance?

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oswin
Hey daemonhassan!

So you were finally put off the reserve list and offered a place?
Wow, congratulations! :smile:

Unfortunately, some of us reserves haven't heard anything at all, and it seems more unlikely now that we'll be offered a place. Also, I can no longer access my EAS application.

When were you informed of your acceptance?

Thanks!

Yh finally miracles do happen. I was offered the place today, and have to submit the forms quickly so they could expedite things for me.Cambridge it is!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending