Photography - A
History - B
German - A*
Physics - A*
Chemistry- A*
Biology - A*
RS - A*

How about you?
Those are really good results, you must be really happy to get A*s in all of your sciences, I'd be really happy :smile:
I got-
english lit- A*
english lang- A*
history-A*
re-A*
biology- A*
chemistry- A*
physics- A
maths- A
psychology- A
geography- A
spanish- A
Reply 3
Maths - A
English Literature - A
English Language - A
Core Science - A
Additional Science - A
Religious Studies - A
Computing - A
Further Additional Science - B

I don't know if those results are universally 'Good' results Dx,
Original post by Mosaab
Maths - A
English Literature - A
English Language - A
Core Science - A
Additional Science - A
Religious Studies - A
Computing - A
Further Additional Science - B

I don't know if those results are universally 'Good' results Dx,

You almost got straight A's of course it's good!!

I got...
English language- A*
English literature- A
Maths- A
Core science- A*
Additional science- A (getting remarked)
Further additional science- A (getting remarked)
Psychology- A*
Fine art- A
Spanish- A
Geography- A*
RS- A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 As, 1B and 2 C :angry::angry::angry:

I must do better in my A-levels.
4A*, 1A, 1B, 3C's and 1D. Meh. I should've cared more about my other subjects, but I had no interest in them.

A-Levels, here I come! :biggrin:
11 A*'s - with an A^ in Further Maths. Hehe
When I did my GCSE's I didn't revise or care about them. I spent all my free time learning how to program, I ended up with DDDDDEEFF. I remember people making fun of me. But i learnt lots of programming skills and within the first month of everyone going to Sixth Form I landed a SE job contracting 370 quid a day. The reply I got when I posted my first paycheck on facebook, lol it went something along the lines of "LIAR" "YOU ARE A RETARD" "YOU FAILED GCSE YOU FAILED LIFE" and everyone thought I lied until I bought my first car, a 35G Scirocco so I mean grades don't mean shi*

Don't follow the sheep people. Pythagoras theorem is not going to get you a job.
8 A*s and 2 As, ironically i was more pleased with the As because the subjects that i got As in are the ones i found the hardest and the ones i thought i had got Bs in :smile:
Original post by alexcboar
Pythagoras theorem is not going to get you a job.

Lol
When I did my GCSE's I didn't revise or care about them. I spent all my free time learning how to program, I ended up with DDDDDEEFF. I remember people making fun of me. But i learnt lots of programming skills and within the first month of everyone going to Sixth Form I landed a SE job contracting 370 quid a day. The reply I got when I posted my first paycheck on facebook, lol it went something along the lines of "LIAR" "YOU ARE A RETARD" "YOU FAILED GCSE YOU FAILED LIFE" and everyone thought I lied until I bought my first car, a 35G Scirocco so I mean grades don't mean shi*

Don't follow the sheep people. Pythagoras theorem is not going to get you a job.

It will get you marks in a maths exam though :wink:
Original post by CoolCavy

Yes it may get you marks in an exam but if I remember correctly when I was 16-18 people were more jealous of my car/apartment than I was of their GCSE's. I use to pick up a couple mates from my old schools sixth form every now and then and I did get quite a few shocking looks off of the teachers and off the students. A lot of the girls instantly started to like me for some reason, people think it was because of my money but I know it was because I was the best looking bloke out of the bunch XD
Yes it may get you marks in an exam but if I remember correctly when I was 16-18 people were more jealous of my car/apartment than I was of their GCSE's. I use to pick up a couple mates from my old schools sixth form every now and then and I did get quite a few shocking looks off of the teachers and off the students. A lot of the girls instantly started to like me for some reason, people think it was because of my money but I know it was because I was the best looking bloke out of the bunch XD

Money dosen't buy happiness and trust me on results day i was euphoric
you can keep your car and flash lifestyle, i have my guinea pigs and my grades (and my offer from a great 6th form). I am not trying to impress anyone either and prefer walking to driving so have no need for a car. I am not a jelous person and neither would i wan't people to be jelous of me.
:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Money dosen't buy happiness and trust me on results day i was euphoric
you can keep your car and flash lifestyle, i have my guinea pigs and my grades (and my offer from a great 6th form). I am not trying to impress anyone either and prefer walking to driving so have no need for a car. I am not a jelous person and neither would i wan't people to be jelous of me.
:smile:

Okay you were happy with your results but are you really unique, just think about how many pieces of paper were handed out in the same format with the same quantity of those letters on. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U? Does it even matter what you get? How would it hold you back? Would it even hold you back? I know people that got straight A*/A's and some of them work at Tesco full time. Employers want something unique and if you can be that something that is unique there is no more 'euphoric' feeling in the world than that, and that is what will bring you happiness; knowing that you are different but in a good way.

I have seen a lot of BS on this site but this might be one of the worst ive ever seen
Okay you were happy with your results but are you really unique, just think about how many pieces of paper were handed out in the same format with the same quantity of those letters on. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U? Does it even matter what you get? How would it hold you back? Would it even hold you back? I know people that got straight A*/A's and some of them work at Tesco full time. Employers want something unique and if you can be that something that is unique there is no more 'euphoric' feeling in the world than that, and that is what will bring you happiness; knowing that you are different but in a good way.

Yeah i understand that, but we have different ambitions and different things that make us happy, for me this is achieveing good grades for you this is evidently less of a priority. As to being unique i am not really what you would consider a 'normal' teenager (think birdwatching etc). Personally knowing i have done well in something that i have put so much effort and work into makes me feel 'euphoric' rather than simply being a bit different to other people. Also no 2 people who apply to uni are really the same anyway,(different talents, hobbies, passions etc) and this is what a personal statement is for. Obviously uni isn't always necessary to get a good job just as poor grades don't guareentee a bad job, however for the job i want i need good grades and to go to uni
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17

Your a very lucky individual then but don't propagate being lazy with academics like you where because the vast majority of people that followed your route of failing the grades and still not caring are licking windows and scrubbing plates.

Life isn't about money soon like everyone else you will end up in the same sized grave as the men that clean the bins no matter how much money or how good your car is, id rather leave a legacy of being an intelligent academic that became a surgeon and saved peoples lives then a lucky kid that was too stupid to pass his GCSE's.
Yeah i understand that, but we have different ambitions and different things that make us happy, for me this is achieveing good grades for you this is evidently less of a priority. As to being unique i am not really what you would consider a 'normal' teenager (think birdwatching etc). Personally knowing i have done well in something that i have put so much effort and work into makes me feel 'euphoric' rather than simply being a bit different to other people. :smile:

You can't to exams for the rest of your life, eventually you are going to have to get a job and you are going to have to show that you are better than the other thousands of people who have the same grades of you.
Original post by Mosaab
Your a very lucky individual then but don't propagate being lazy with academics like you where because the vast majority of people that followed your route of failing the grades and still not caring are licking windows and scrubbing plates.

Life isn't about money soon like everyone else you will end up in the same sized grave as the men that clean the bins no matter how much money or how good your car is, id rather leave a legacy of being an intelligent academic that became a surgeon and saved peoples lives then a lucky kid that was too stupid to pass his GCSE's.

huh? :frown: i wasn't saying anything like that.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest