The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Computer science with maths

Im gonna be applying to unis this year and my predicted grades are likely to be ABB. But Kings require AAB for this. Can I still apply? and do I have a chance of getting in with ABB?
Reply 1
My predicted grades were ABB. A in maths, B in physics and further maths. I got ABBD at AS and was offered a placed for the Computer Science course.

I also applied to York which was also AAB however they lowered their offer to ABB after an interview. I was rejected from University of Birmingham though who wanted AAA.

My advice would be to resit an exam or two to make sure you get AAB. Also, ask your teachers if they can increase your UCAS predicted grade to AAB just to be sure,
(edited 8 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by H4RV3Y
My predicted grades were ABB. A in maths, B in physics and further maths. I got ABBD at AS and was offered a placed for the Computer Science course.

I also applied to York which was also AAB however they lowered their offer to ABB after an interview. I was rejected from University of Birmingham though who wanted AAA.

My advice would be to resit an exam or two to make sure you get AAB. Also, ask your teachers if they can increase your UCAS predicted grade to AAB just to be sure,

I got ACC
A in ICT
C in maths and business where I was predicted AAA.
Hopefully I get predicted ABB/AAB
Reply 3
Original post by imran_
I got ACC
A in ICT
C in maths and business where I was predicted AAA.
Hopefully I get predicted ABB/AAB

I got a D in ICT at AS hahahahahaha!

You will need the predicted grade for maths to be an A imo. as they want an A at A2 maths
Reply 4
Original post by H4RV3Y
I got a D in ICT at AS hahahahahaha!

You will need the predicted grade for maths to be an A imo. as they want an A at A2 maths

It says I need At least a B for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by imran_
It says I need At least a B for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah, sorry about that. I got confused with the new course I'm doing now. I moved to Mathematics and Computer Science

Quick Reply

Latest