The Student Room Group

I'm a teenager but I'm scared I will never marry

Our generation will see the highest number of people never married in all of history. 42% of the marriages that do take place end up in divorce and that number keeps on increase. I want to be able to raise my future children in a stable two married parents household. I don't want to be a lone, cohibiting or divorced parent. The possibility of this happening seems more and more bleak.

What should I do? Am I being silly? I'm female, 19 nbsb (no boyfriend since birth) and a virgin (by choice, waiting for the right one).
Original post by Anonymous
Our generation will see the highest number of people never married in all of history. 42% of the marriages that do take place end up in divorce and that number keeps on increase. I want to be able to raise my future children in a stable two married parents household. I don't want to be a lone, cohibiting or divorced parent. The possibility of this happening seems more and more bleak.

What should I do? Am I being silly? I'm female, 19 nbsb (no boyfriend since birth) and a virgin (by choice, waiting for the right one).

Oh dear, where do I begin...

Just because 42 percent of marriages end in divorce doesn't mean that yours will too. :tongue: You sound like the settling down type based on the information provided. It's certainly not silly to want to live in a traditional family and, like anything else, you just have to work at it. :tongue:

Also, as for what you should do: maybe getting a boyfriend is an idea? xD Can't really see how else you're going to get to where you want to be.
You wanna know why some marriages end in divorce, it's because they don't wait for the the right person...

You are 19, finish your degree at university get an awesome job and then boys will be flooding at you're doorstep... Trust me, don't get a boyfriend cause it's the trend cause it's ridiculous plus you could get into trouble and no one wants that.

So just wait and those are just numbers... Don't go by them because even numbers can be wrong cause it's based on the past. Don't let the past define the future.
/tagged/aboutme

Seems like such an unrealistic option for me. I don't let it plague my mind as much. Really nothing wrong with it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending