The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Well yeah, she said if the linesman did his job right then Liverpool wouldn't have got a point. As this happened in the 8th minute it's unfair to say that in the remaining 82 minutes it would have stayed 1-0

Yes exactly, not what she's getting at. Can't explain but nobody will be stupid enough to assume the scoreline would have stayed at 1-0 if we were allowed our goal. But you could easily assume it the other way as well Tornado.

Original post by e aí rapaz
The thread is now full of Liverpool fans going on about the game whilst complaining that WE won't get over it. Luke actually tried to insult me earlier just because I didn't want to talk about it!

But yeah, we're the ones who won't move on :rolleyes:

Ikr and tbf it's just one. Anyway window out of 10?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yes exactly, not what she's getting at. Can't explain but nobody will be stupid enough to assume the scoreline would have stayed at 1-0 if we were allowed our goal. But you could easily assume it the other way as well Tornado.

Ikr. Anyway window out of 10?

Wenger making excuses about lack of available talent despite the fact that we've needed players for these positions for THREE summers now. Other clubs can fill their problem positions in a month but we can't do it in three years?
Reply 5842
1/10 window.
That's exactly what Peggles was getting at - the argument being that Arsenal would have won if not for the linesman.
We all know that to be a ridiculous statement which is why many are staying quiet and the rest are trying to cover up the holes of their fellow posters.

A draw was fair, that's the end of it.
You messed up at home AGAIN, played terribly and maybe you should all accept that rather than moaning about an extremely borderline decision :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes exactly, not what she's getting at. Can't explain but nobody will be stupid enough to assume the scoreline would have stayed at 1-0 if we were allowed our goal. But you could easily assume it the other way as well Tornado

Yes she is. She actually said if the linesman did his job right then Liverpool wouldn't have got a point. All I'm saying, as someone who doesn't support or dislike either side, that it's impossible to know that.

Or am I missing something glaringly obvious in her post where she said otherwise?
Yes she is. She actually said if the linesman did his job right then Liverpool wouldn't have got a point. All I'm saying, as someone who doesn't support or dislike either side, that it's impossible to know that.

Or am I missing something glaringly obvious in her post where she said otherwise?

Not an excuse to assume that Liverpool would have equalised or subsequently won either. How do we know they wouldn't have crumbled under the pressure or something thus leading to more goals for us. Like you've realised anything could have happened. But the game is over so what can we do.

I've interpreted it a different way to you clearly. See her previous post also I suppose.
Ramsey was onside that's a fact. Should have been given benefit of the doubt.

Even though Ramsey was onside that shouldn't take away how shockingly awful Arsenal played in the first half. The thing is with Arsenal it just looks the same as last season. There won't be much progress as long as Wenger is manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5847
Lucio be like

Some people have such **** lives that are only made better by trolling
Arsenal are a poor mans Barcelona
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

Is that a bad thing? :confused:
Reply 5852
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

You are a poor mans baconbutty
Original post by mhsc
You are a poor mans baconbutty

Excellent comment

You lot drawn with Bayern.

Another Ro16 exit looms

#WengerOut
Not an excuse to assume that Liverpool would have equalised or subsequently won either. How do we know they wouldn't have crumbled under the pressure or something thus leading to more goals for us. Like you've realised anything could have happened. But the game is over so what can we do.

I've interpreted it a different way to you clearly. See her previous post also I suppose.

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying Liverpool would definitely have equalised if you went ahead, it could've even Bern that it opened the floodgates and you ran riot, just that we cannot say that one decision made in the 8th minute would've definitely guaranteed an Arsenal win. We're arguing the same thing ffs.

This isn't even trolling smh
Ok then, avoid donetsk/roma/sevilla
Yeah, I know. I'm not saying Liverpool would definitely have equalised if you went ahead, it could've even Bern that it opened the floodgates and you ran riot, just that we cannot say that one decision made in the 8th minute would've definitely guaranteed an Arsenal win. We're arguing the same thing ffs.

This isn't even trolling smh

Ok Tornado :h:
LOL, you're gonna get raped by the Germans :biggrin:

Perhaps we'll meet in the EL :smile:
Loool united get psv, typical bull****. Can't wait to go back to our fortress the Allianz arena, 3 points guaranteed....
Ok we got olympiakos. Don't really care about the last one, it ain't a German team cause of bayern

Latest