The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

A few question about the halls of residence

Are some halls more likely to have 1st years in than others for instance i am going to horwood and I want to know if i will be one of the few first years there, secondly is there also allocation based on courses so will one hall have more medical students so on and so fourth.
Original post by 12324234
Are some halls more likely to have 1st years in than others for instance i am going to horwood and I want to know if i will be one of the few first years there, secondly is there also allocation based on courses so will one hall have more medical students so on and so fourth.

Hiya, I'm a third year at Keele and lived in halls in my first year. I lived in Lindsay halls. There are absolutely loads of first years in Horwood. In my experience the majority of third years go in Barnes because there's a lot of four people flats there and not many first years choose that option, and obviously by third year people have friends who they want to live with so they choose the flat option. Second years can't live on campus.

You definitely will not be only one of the few first years there - there'll be hundreds. There's at least 15 blocks to Horwood if I remember correctly, so don't sweat it.

As far as I know there's no course specific allocation. In my block in first year there were medical students, english students (me), geog, psychology, history, criminology, maths. Medical students might be inclined to pay more for the posher places (Holly Cross/Oaks) because imo they are quieter and more out of the way for study.

Any other questions you can inbox me if you like! I graduate in 2016 :-) P.S. you will never regret coming to Keele! Best uni ever!
(edited 8 years ago)
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Hi! Do you know how many people tend to share kitchens and bathrooms in standard rooms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amajid1001
Hi! Do you know how many people tend to share kitchens and bathrooms in standard rooms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! It really depends where you are! I'd probably be able to give a better answer if you've already been given your hall. In older blocks in Lindsay there were 15 to one kitchen and 3 bathrooms. But in Hawthorns there can be 30 to a kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It really depends, there are different types of standard rooms :-) Do you mean one with a washbasin? Even then, I wouldn't be sure. There are washbasin standard rooms in Lindsay T which have less people to a kitchen than washbasin standard rooms in Hawthorns
Original post by 12324234

Hi there,

Usually there are lots of first years in Horwood, but we also have a few blocks allocated to postgraduate students also. I can guarantee you're bound to find yourself living with a huge range of people - international and home students, and plenty of first year undergraduates to get to know!

Allocation of rooms is completely random and not based on courses. More about how we allocate can be found here:
http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/howweallocate/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Illana (Residence Support)
Reply 5
Original post by kate113855
Hiya, I'm a third year at Keele and lived in halls in my first year. I lived in Lindsay halls. There are absolutely loads of first years in Horwood. In my experience the majority of third years go in Barnes because there's a lot of four people flats there and not many first years choose that option, and obviously by third year people have friends who they want to live with so they choose the flat option. Second years can't live on campus.

You definitely will not be only one of the few first years there - there'll be hundreds. There's at least 15 blocks to Horwood if I remember correctly, so don't sweat it.

As far as I know there's no course specific allocation. In my block in first year there were medical students, english students (me), geog, psychology, history, criminology, maths. Medical students might be inclined to pay more for the posher places (Holly Cross/Oaks) because imo they are quieter and more out of the way for study.

Any other questions you can inbox me if you like! I graduate in 2016 :-) P.S. you will never regret coming to Keele! Best uni ever!

For English, (and History if you know) do the same modules repeat in semesters one and two?
Original post by cjmro
For English, (and History if you know) do the same modules repeat in semesters one and two?

Do you mean is the same module available to take in both sem 1 and 2? If so I'm pretty sure that isn't the case for English, not sure about History but I haven't heard of it so far
Hello,
Can someone tell me the bed size in Lindsay Hall (Block T)
I know that lindsay court has 3/4 sized beds.
And also are courtains provided at the accommodation.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by flavouronline
Hello,
Can someone tell me the bed size in Lindsay Hall (Block T)
I know that lindsay court has 3/4 sized beds.
And also are courtains provided at the accommodation.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Fairly certain Lindsay T is single beds and yes curtains are definitely provided! Only the ensuite accom has 3/4 AFAIK :smile:
Reply 9
Has anyone got/getting the freshers pass??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest