The Student Room Group

A Level Philosophy or Classics?

Hi guys,

After disappointing A Level results, I've decided to take a couple of years out before I go to uni in order to improve on my academics, discover some new things and hopefully get some workplace experience too. I want to spend the first year on academics - firstly retaking A2 History in which I achieved a B in in order to hopefully boost it to an A*, and also taking on an extra, fast track A Level to avoid retake status in one subject. I really want a subject that is respected though not difficult to get my teeth into, as I really need to achieve at least an A. I'm currently caught between AQA Philosophy and OCR Classics, and was wondering if anyone could give me any insight that will help me make a decision. I'd be on an online course, so it'd be mostly self driven. Thank you! :smile:

Info:
Achieved A Levels: English Lit A*, Economics B, History B, AS Art B

Classics Syllabus:
Homer’s Odyssey and Society
Greek Tragedy in its Context
Art and Architecture in the Greek World
Virgil and the World of the Hero
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I'd say philosophy is the most versatile and provides more prospects (just about to study it at degree level myself), but personally I'd go for whatever you feel more enthusiastic about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
I'd say philosophy is the most versatile and provides more prospects (just about to study it at degree level myself), but personally I'd go for whatever you feel more enthusiastic about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't see your response. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say classics is a lot more interesting but as the previous person said, philosophy is bit more versatile. Pick what you think you will enjoy more!

Quick Reply

Latest