The Student Room Group

Revision Notes?

Hi everyone! I will be going to sixth form in September and would really appreciate it if anyone has any revision notes for AQA Chemistry for A-level? I already found some for biology. And I really want to be on top of my game for the start of the academic year.

Much appreciated, thank you.
Reply 1
Would you mind sharing your Biology notes with me? I'm also taking AQA A-level Biology and Chemistry and I can't seem to find any.
Reply 2
I don't do those subjects, but do keep in mind that the syllabus has changed for them this year so you the notes you find from previous years may not be complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Hi everyone! I will be going to sixth form in September and would really appreciate it if anyone has any revision notes for AQA Chemistry for A-level? I already found some for biology. And I really want to be on top of my game for the start of the academic year.

Much appreciated, thank you.

I haven't got all my notes still for chemistry, I only have the organic summaries I did ( each type of molecule per page of A4, one side with properties, structure etc and other side with mechanisms and reactions.

However there are two types of websites I found super helpful!
chemrevise.org is brilliant, I can't recommend it enough! The information is in concise boxes and it also has examples of exam questions (especially useful for calculations) it has both AS and A2 chemistry.

The other is alevelchemistry, this has exercises,tests and exam questions per topic specific to AQA, some are from old past papers which aren't on the AQA site but the more practise you get the better.

I did AQA Chemistry and Maths, WJEC biology. Now going to university to study biochemistry.

Feel free to get in contact with me over anything! The best of luck with your A levels :smile:
Original post by oswalds
I don't do those subjects, but do keep in mind that the syllabus has changed for them this year so you the notes you find from previous years may not be complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's something to keep in mind, but I heard the revisions to the syllabus aren't too major. There's a bit of shifting of content into different units etc, but the main change is the fact it is entirely linear, and there are no AS units. As such, notes from anyone who's already done the course would be highly useful to the OP, and me :wink:
Original post by MangaWhovian
I haven't got all my notes still for chemistry, I only have the organic summaries I did ( each type of molecule per page of A4, one side with properties, structure etc and other side with mechanisms and reactions.

chemrevise.org is brilliant, I can't recommend it enough! The information is in concise boxes and it also has examples of exam questions (especially useful for calculations) it has both AS and A2 chemistry.

The other is alevelchemistry, this has exercises,tests and exam questions per topic specific to AQA, some are from old past papers which aren't on the AQA site but the more practise you get the better.

I did AQA Chemistry and Maths, WJEC biology. Now going to university to study biochemistry.

Feel free to get in contact with me over anything! The best of luck with your A levels :smile:

I will be sure to fire any questions at you during my course, which I'm starting in September. :P What did you achieve in your A-level Chemistry? And, congrats on that biochemistry place - I've been considering doing either straight chemistry, biochemistry, or maybe even medicine!
Original post by xnads
Would you mind sharing your Biology notes with me? I'm also taking AQA A-level Biology and Chemistry and I can't seem to find any.

Found this on the student room lmao XD
Sadly it's just biology

https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&pli=1&id=0B8rrkIpd4s1gQ3J2Sk5RMi1ScTJ5WG9RbUFabXcxQQ
Original post by oswalds

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's better than nothing at least, plus it would allow us all to get an understanding of the subject overall, wouldn't you agree?
Original post by MangaWhovian

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check the websites out!
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check the websites out!

You're welcome!!

http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20Chemistry%20home.html

They're both specific to AQA too. (They also have OCR)

Just glad to help!
:smile:
Original post by Turtlebunny
I will be sure to fire any questions at you during my course, which I'm starting in September. :P What did you achieve in your A-level Chemistry? And, congrats on that biochemistry place - I've been considering doing either straight chemistry, biochemistry, or maybe even medicine!

Thank you! Ah well I had some personal issues in which i took 6 months off college, I managed to get a C in chemistry, happy with it though because it got me where I wanted to go. If I hadn't of been ill I know I could have achieved a B.
Yeah I was stuck between biochemistry and straight chemistry! I had a 4 week placement doing formulation chemistry and although I enjoyed it, I knew I wouldn't want to have a career in it.

If you're considering medicine, they really are keen on you having work experience, like volunteering in a hospital shadowing a doctor etc. It will make you uni application much easier too!

Also for anyone starting, I really would suggest working really hard in your first year because it makes your second year so much easier!!!
That's not a problem you can ask me whatever you like/whenever you like :smile:
This is also a good place!

Quick Reply

Latest