The Student Room Group

do I have a chance at Law

(edited 7 years ago)
You'd have a good chance. Your A Level choices don't matter much. You'll just need to ace the LNAT and have a great PS. I'd also consider applying for Jurisprudence at Oxford if I were you.
No need to worry! You have great grades Well done. Geography and French shall help you get into Law.

I did History, Eng Lit, Sociology and German. Law student here, so don't worry. :smile:
Original post by Don Joiner
hey guys, it would be great if you could rate my chances of getting into a top 5 uni for Law, here are my stats

GCSE: 10A*s

AS level: AAAB in Maths, Economics, Geography and French respectively

Predicted A*A*A in Maths Geography and Economics

I know my A level subjects aren't really geared towards a Law degree as such but what chance would I have anyway?

Cheers
Posted from TSR Mobile

With those grades you could apply to any G5 uni and stand a solid chance of getting an offer (depending on the rest of your application).

With a UMS average of 90%+ in your 3 As there would be no reason for you to not seriously consider Cambridge (however, an average in the low/mid 80s might be better suited to Oxford).

I hope that
Get some experience and you are sorted!
YES. A much much much much much better chance than many many people. The B grade at AS will probably rule out Oxbridge, but UCL/Warwick/Durham/Bristol etc. is very likely in light of your GCSE results, A Level predictions and A Level Subjects (all facilitating + breadth of study). Just nail that personal statement and achieve those predictions, and you'll be well on your way!
EDIT:

Why is it that one week ago you made a similar thread saying:
Don Joiner

GCSE: 10A*

AS: Maths (A), Economics (A), Geography (A), French (A)

How come your French AS has gone down from an A only last week to a B today?
Reply 7
Wow thanks guys, so you don't think the lack of an 'old-school essay subject' like English Lit or History will prevent me from getting offers?

Thanks for the responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Wow thanks guys, so you don't think the lack of an 'old-school essay subject' like English Lit or History will prevent me from getting offers?

Thanks for the responses
Posted from TSR Mobile

Please see my post above.

Also, a week ago you posted on the GCSE results day thread saying you got 10 A*s, are all these (changing) post-GCSE grades purely speculative at this stage? :confused:
Original post by BrokenLife
No need to worry! You have great grades Well done. Geography and French shall help you get into Law.

I did History, Eng Lit, Sociology and German. Law student here, so don't worry. :smile:

Well, well, well, and here I am, applying for European Law with German.
Original post by Mr...
Why? Isn't it in OP's fourth subject?

Ok regarding Oxford you might have a point, but most successful applicants have 4 As at AS. Cambridge, however, considers not just grades, but UMS points. So if a measly A grade isn't enough, then a B will be a serious disadvantage.
Original post by Mr...
Why? Isn't it in OP's fourth subject?

Not according to this thread he made one week ago or this thread he made five days ago (where in both he states he achieved an A in AS French)...

Maybe the B in French on this thread was a typo, but his predicted grades have also changed since five days ago... So I'm not sure what to believe tbh.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Well, well, well, and here I am, applying for European Law with German.

Omg really? That's amazing! I'm German born Pakistani. Let me know if you need any help! :smile:
Apply for harvard
Original post by BrokenLife

I did geography,economic,psychology and math. Is this combination ok?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending