I messed up my gsce geography exam HELP? Watch

Craig598
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My exam board is ccea and I recently completely the unit 1 geography exam (physical geography) in June year 11 (English year 10 ) and i am really annoyed I got a C ~ 67%. This is because my absolutely brilliant geography got my class to complete the exact exam paper from my real exam for our reports and to monitor our progress and I got a b ~ 78% I was really proud of myself and I even got highest in the class and my geography teacher even thought
that I might get an A , plus I really did not want to repeat exam next year but now I will probably have to repeat this exam I also thought it was such a straight forward and quite easy exam paper compared to some of the past papers . I was considering definitely getting a remark and ordering back the paper but now I am not so sure . Everyone else in my class got quite high marks and my sister got an A* in geography overall i feel like my geography teacher is going to be quite disappointed aswell ,

Does anyone also know what the grade boundaries were they are usally
C~ 60 %
B ~ 70%
A ~ 80%
A* ~ 90%
But they may have changed.
emilyisapanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Craig598)
My exam board is ccea and I recently completely the unit 1 geography exam (physical geography) in June year 11 (English year 10 ) and i am really annoyed I got a C ~ 67%. This is because my absolutely brilliant geography got my class to complete the exact exam paper from my real exam for our reports and to monitor our progress and I got a b ~ 78% I was really proud of myself and I even got highest in the class and my geography teacher even thought
that I might get an A , plus I really did not want to repeat exam next year but now I will probably have to repeat this exam I also thought it was such a straight forward and quite easy exam paper compared to some of the past papers . I was considering definitely getting a remark and ordering back the paper but now I am not so sure . Everyone else in my class got quite high marks and my sister got an A* in geography overall i feel like my geography teacher is going to be quite disappointed aswell ,

Does anyone also know what the grade boundaries were they are usally
C~ 60 %
B ~ 70%
A ~ 80%
A* ~ 90%
But they may have changed.
I would of liked to help you, but I did my GCSEs this summer and I did the Edexcel B Geography Qualification. However if you look on http://ccea.org.uk/ you might find something of help. Hope this helps
Craig598
Rep:
?
Does anyone have an official or unofficial for the ccea GCSE geography unit 1 exam June 2015 or grade boundaries please help
emilyisapanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread could be of help to you?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3538319

Posted from TSR Mobile
emilyisapanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just found the 2015 Grade Boundaries for CCEA. This should be the ones you're looking for!

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...ummer_2015.pdf

(Original post by Craig598)
Does anyone have an official or unofficial for the ccea GCSE geography unit 1 exam June 2015 or grade boundaries please help
Craig598
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilyisapanda)
I've just found the 2015 Grade Boundaries for CCEA. This should be the ones you're looking for!

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...ummer_2015.pdf

Thanks .

Does anyone know how to convert uniform marks to raw marks or something HELP !
kendellex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think you are better at the human geography section?
If you are, then maybe you can pull your grade up that way?
If you feel that you can't do that maybe repeating is a possibility. But I think you can get an A/high B if you do well this year 😊
I did CCEA geography if you need any help 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Craig598
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=kendellex;58964455]Do you think you are better at the human geography section?
If you are, then maybe you can pull your grade up that way?
If you feel that you can't do that maybe repeating is a possibility. But I think you can get an A/high B if you do well this year 😊
I did CCEA geography if you need any help 😊

Yeah from year 10 I was generally was better at human geography and enjoyed it a lot more as i nearly didn't pick geography for GCSE due to the physical sections.

I personally think now I going to kinda have to repeat unit 1 (physical geo).

May I ask how you revised geography unit 1 physical as didn't really know how to make notes and ended up just learning mark schemes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads