The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Are there Indian students in Nottingham?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by QueNNch
Got my place for Engineering & Physical Sciences foundation programme at the University!

I am from Punjab, India.

And ofc. love cricket :biggrin:
I'll be looking at playing it at the uni, anyone else!?

EDIT:
I've lived in Nottingham for the past two years so if anyone has any questions about the city or you need any sort of advice/suggestions hit me up!

Punjab da mundha
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
i've never been there but im sure atleast 80% of the students are southasians
Reply 42
Original post by ammmauk

Probably near 90%
Reply 43
Original post by dahl786
Yeah im studying civil engineering and staying in jubilee campus(newark).

Good to see, I'm sure our paths will cross!

Original post by dahl786
Punjab da mundha

Haha :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by QueNNch
Good to see, I'm sure our paths will cross!

Haha :biggrin:

What Are you looking to study after foundation year ?
Reply 45
Original post by dahl786
What Are you looking to study after foundation year ?

Most probably, Mechanical Engineering.

I wanted to go straight for the degree but my marks weren't enough so I'll do a foundation year :smile:

I have been to the University 2-3 times, seen the departments, talked to lecturars, and existing students. Its a really nice place :cool:, probably one of the liveliest universities :awesome:

Are you coming straight from India?
Reply 46
Original post by ammmauk

Original post by dahl786
Probably near 90%

Not really haha but here are last year's student statistics if you are curious http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/spp/student-statistics/student-statistics.aspx
Reply 47
Original post by QueNNch
Most probably, Mechanical Engineering.

I wanted to go straight for the degree but my marks weren't enough so I'll do a foundation year :smile:

I have been to the University 2-3 times, seen the departments, talked to lecturars, and existing students. Its a really nice place :cool:, probably one of the liveliest universities :awesome:

Are you coming straight from India?

no, born in england but my family from phagwara, India
Original post by nottinghamfan
hey,

i got an offer from the university of nottingham and i'm thinking of keeping it as my firm. Are there a lot of indian students since i am from india and would like to be with people from my culture. the course is finance, accounting and management, so i will be in jubilee campus. Are there indians in the campus?

why the **** won"t you intergrate!
Reply 49
Original post by judogainz
why the **** won"t you intergrate!

funny
Original post by dahl786
funny

no serious.
Original post by nottinghamfan
Hey,

I got an offer from the University of Nottingham and I'm thinking of keeping it as my firm. Are there a lot of Indian students since I am from India and would like to be with people from my culture. The course is Finance, Accounting and Management, so I will be in Jubilee Campus. Are there Indians in the campus?

Why should that matter? I'm sure even if there were no Indians you'd make lots of new friends and have a great time! If anything don't you think it would be better to mix with lots of different people and learn from each other?
Reply 52
Original post by judogainz
no serious.

i thought you were going for a maths joke, my bad !
Reply 53
Original post by aeroline1999
Why should that matter? I'm sure even if there were no Indians you'd make lots of new friends and have a great time! If anything don't you think it would be better to mix with lots of different people and learn from each other?

take it your 16 years old ?
Original post by QueNNch
Got my place for Engineering & Physical Sciences foundation programme at the University!

I am from Punjab, India.

And ofc. love cricket :biggrin:
I'll be looking at playing it at the uni, anyone else!?

EDIT:
I've lived in Nottingham for the past two years so if anyone has any questions about the city or you need any sort of advice/suggestions hit me up!

i'm not Indian, however i am thinking about playing cricket at notts. it's been a couple of years since I've played but would love to pick it up again
also, I'm on the same course as you! :five:
Reply 55
I know atleast 4 Indians going to notts..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Mitzy09
I know atleast 4 Indians going to notts..

Posted from TSR Mobile

make it 5 ?
Reply 57
Original post by dahl786
make it 5 ?

Well I dnt know you personally haha:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Mitzy09
Well I dnt know you personally haha:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

could be a blessing in disguise that i got rejected from imperial as my firm and had notts as insurance ?
Reply 59
Original post by dahl786
could be a blessing in disguise that i got rejected from imperial as my firm and had notts as insurance ?

Sorry to hear that:frown: notts is v good and it may definitely be a blessing in disguise! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply