The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anybody from fast-track heard back from HKU?
Reply 221
Original post by i_am_emp
anybody from fast-track heard back from HKU?

I've spoken to someone who was accepted through fast track during orientation, he was accepted before summer though I believe. I'm not sure if HKU is still offering spots, but given that orientation day and immunizations/blood testing stuff have already taken place, I would say it's not likely that anyone will hear back now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by malleolus
Congrats Chiufung and bellomed! I just received my offer from CUHK this morning after interview on 18/8. Degree holder going to Year 2 as well. Will see you guys in a couple weeks!:smile:

hey did you receive the offer via email or phone call? coz i got a phone call saying theyre giving me a place but no email yet
Reply 223
Got my offer from HKU yesterday - applied in the fast track round
Original post by med1030
Got my offer from HKU yesterday - applied in the fast track round

Congrats bud, unconditional offer I guess?
Reply 225
Original post by i_am_emp
Congrats bud, unconditional offer I guess?

Yup! Firm offer.
Original post by med1030
Yup! Firm offer.

congrats!!!
are u from hongkong? or international student?
Reply 227
Original post by physiology92
congrats!!!
are u from hongkong? or international student?

I am a local degree holder.
I got 4 AS subjects in A..In my A2 examination, can I drop one subject and take the remaining three A2 subjects for application of Medic in HKU and CU...Thanks.
Reply 229
Original post by abc03zyx
I got 4 AS subjects in A..In my A2 examination, can I drop one subject and take the remaining three A2 subjects for application of Medic in HKU and CU...Thanks.

it depends on your UMS of each subject, mind sharing?
Thanks KJI. I got almost full marks in my four AS subjects. Intend to drop one and take only bio, chem, and maths in A2. Both HKU and CU state the need of "pass 3 A level subjects" for medic application, but I heard some people said non-jupas applicants would need four A2 subjects for application medic of these two U...which one is correct....Thanks.
Reply 231
Thanks KJI. I got almost full marks in my four AS subjects. Intend to drop one and take only bio, chem, and maths in A2. Both HKU and CU state the need of "pass 3 A level subjects" for medic application, but I heard some people said non-jupas applicants would need four A2 subjects for application medic of these two U...which one is correct....Thanks.

You definitely need to study 4 AL
And 4A* is the minimum
Hope this helps!
Original post by msjwong
You definitely need to study 4 AL
And 4A* is the minimum
Hope this helps!

Thanks msjwong...but why the webs of the two U state "Pass three A levels" but not four...Besides, will Extended Project Qualification be considered as one A2 subject.

Many thanks
Reply 233
Thanks msjwong...but why the webs of the two U state "Pass three A levels" but not four...Besides, will Extended Project Qualification be considered as one A2 subject.

Many thanks

3AL may be enough for other program
For medicine 4AL is the minimum
I'm not sure for your other question.
Original post by msjwong
3AL may be enough for other program
For medicine 4AL is the minimum
I'm not sure for your other question.

Dear msjwong..thanks for your valuable advice...
Reply 235
Dear msjwong..thanks for your valuable advice...

My pleasure!
If your UMS is high enough, you can directly get into medicine year 2, it is a waste of time to study year 1 as this year is specially designed for DSE students.
Good luck,
Reply 236
>97%
Original post by msjwong
>97%

Dear msjwong...really...but how...is it offer by the university or we need to express our intention for year 2 during application....Thanks..
Reply 238
CUHK offers a program known as mbchb global physician leadership scheme, a friend of my friend got admitted into CUHK medicine year 2 through this program though he also had an offer from Cambridge. His UMS was 99%. You need to ask CUHK directly.
Good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just received my rejection letter from HKU today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending