The Student Room Group

Grey's Anatomy

Sigh.

I stopped watching GA at the end of Season 10, but I just want to reminisce about the good ol' days.

Anyone else?

Original post by BookBird
Sigh.

I stopped watching GA at the end of Season 10, but I just want to reminisce about the good ol' days.

Anyone else?

I haven't given up on it quite yet, nearly did when they killed derek off but its getting one last chance i think:P
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I haven't given up on it quite yet, nearly did when they killed derek off but its getting one last chance i think:P

I just couldn't keep watching after Cristina left, she was my favorite character. I only resumed watching to see Derek die and Meredith leave for that one episode.
Original post by BookBird
I just couldn't keep watching after Cristina left, she was my favorite character. I only resumed watching to see Derek die and Meredith leave for that one episode.

It's not the same without either of them
I binge-watched the show from S1-S10 and trudged my way through S11...I definitely miss the old seasons. I probably won't watch S12 unless Shonda can really turn things around...and by 'really', I mean, really.

This pretty much sums up everything:
Reply 5
Grey's used to be absolutely amazing. I remember when all the twists in the show would leave me gobsmacked and on the edge of my seat, especially the John Doe '007' moment. Nothing prepared me for that! Still not got over George's death :frown:

I've still been watching it since but not so much out of enjoyment, more out of loyalty. I honestly don't know where this next season can go. I feel like they have played out every situation and its just becoming a joke now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yes I totally agree..miss the good old days. The earlier seasons were really nice to watch and there have been too many sudden changes since the plane crash.
I was really upset with Christina's departure and Derek's death but I guess I'll continue to watch anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Mochassassin
I binge-watched the show from S1-S10 and trudged my way through S11...I definitely miss the old seasons. I probably won't watch S12 unless Shonda can really turn things around...and by 'really', I mean, really.

I have no plans in watching S12, but I am rewatching the show from S1. I'm on S5 now, the good ol' days. But now I'm all sad because I wish it was still the same, my brother has to comfort me like:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Grey's used to be absolutely amazing. I remember when all the twists in the show would leave me gobsmacked and on the edge of my seat, especially the John Doe '007' moment. Nothing prepared me for that! Still not got over George's death :frown:

I've still been watching it since but not so much out of enjoyment, more out of loyalty. I honestly don't know where this next season can go. I feel like they have played out every situation and its just becoming a joke now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My brother spoiled that for me so I knew he was going to die ;-; Didn't mean I didn't cry like a baby though. I suppose they're going to focus on Meredith and her new sister?! Can't remember her name. What I just really hate is that Owen is "moving on", it disgusts me. Amy (if that is even her name, Derek's sister) is cool and all, but Owen and Cristina, despite all their issues, were supposed to be forever. I can't stand that they have to pair him with her now.

Original post by amritakc
Yes I totally agree..miss the good old days. The earlier seasons were really nice to watch and there have been too many sudden changes since the plane crash.
I was really upset with Christina's departure and Derek's death but I guess I'll continue to watch anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep me posted then ^^ Can't forgive Shonda for taking Cristina, the only way I'm keeping up is by googling what happens in the series.
Reply 8
Yeah totally...and yes I too can't forgive Shonda for taking Christina..I'm really disappointed with Owen moving on too..I've been watching season1-7 and 9-11 separately as of the last few months. Really wanted to tie up some loose ends that I missed the first time I watched. Watching 7 and 11now simultaneously.
Hey btw..weird but have any of you felt influenced by the show? Like maybe the narration and the lesson at the end of the day does convey something..or is it just me?:tongue:
The same way..did it ever strike any of you at any time to maybe think of becoming a doctor?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Yeah totally...and yes I too can't forgive Shonda for taking Christina..I'm really disappointed with Owen moving on too..I've been watching season1-7 and 9-11 separately as of the last few months. Really wanted to tie up some loose ends that I missed the first time I watched. Watching 7 and 11now simultaneously.
Hey btw..weird but have any of you felt influenced by the show? Like maybe the narration and the lesson at the end of the day does convey something..or is it just me?:tongue:
The same way..did it ever strike any of you at any time to maybe think of becoming a doctor?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes the lessons impact me, lol, they're usually very relatable. I thought about becoming a doctor so many times, haha, just because it looked so cool on the show, but I knew how bad I was at staying still so I was like neehhh. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Haha that's great to know...I guess they really put in quite a bit of work on the narration and theme of each episode
and make each character's patient have a condition or personal situation that relates to their status at that moment in the show..like how Lexie realises she's trying to get George's attention but he doesn't see it..her patient does the same too

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
It used to be a good and fun show, but killing of or letting all the favorites go made me stop watching. First Sloan and then Derek, still can't believe Shonda killed of Derek.
Reply 12
Original post by Valerievank
It used to be a good and fun show, but killing of or letting all the favorites go made me stop watching. First Sloan and then Derek, still can't believe Shonda killed of Derek.

I would have preferred he left Meredith frankly, because that death was too random and IRONIC. I wanted to punch the doctors who treated him ffs.
Reply 13
Shonda stated in some interview that she couldn't come to terms with the fact that Derek was having an affair so she killed him off..why couldn't she have just changed the plot a bit or done something that would not 'kill' the character?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shonda stated in some interview that she couldn't come to terms with the fact that Derek was having an affair so she killed him off..why couldn't she have just changed the plot a bit or done something that would not 'kill' the character?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're kidding?! SHE'S a damn writer, SHE wrote Derek having an affair. Smh. I can't stand her but you have to admit she's a savvy businesswomen. Really knows how to get us hyped only to break our hearts. :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle

THEY KILLED DEREK OFF?! I'm on season 3, I knew it was a mistake to click on this thread.:colonhash:
Reply 16
Original post by Laurasaur
THEY KILLED DEREK OFF?! I'm on season 3, I knew it was a mistake to click on this thread.:colonhash:

I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN SPOILERS IM SORRY. On the other hand, how did you not hear about Derek's death? I opened FB after that episode aired (had not watched it yet) and that was the first thing I saw lol. Someone ranting about how much they miss McDreamy.
Reply 17
Original post by Mochassassin
You're kidding?! SHE'S a damn writer, SHE wrote Derek having an affair. Smh. I can't stand her but you have to admit she's a savvy businesswomen. Really knows how to get us hyped only to break our hearts. :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I completely agree with you..she sure is. Honestly,I didn't find the affair thing convincing. I mean Derek goes back home after realising how much he misses Meredith and the kids. He realised that thanks to the research lady's crush on him. So it's actually like a breath of fresh air. Finally Meredith and Derek sort out their needs and stop fighting,which is really good. It could have just continued that way or the affair should have been well established cuz it's not a good enough reason(the way it's portrayed on screen)to kill Derek.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest