The Student Room Group

S1 vs S2

Which one is easier and more fun to learn?
Reply 1
Original post by greycheck

I found s2 to be easier and more enjoyable
Reply 2

S2 is both easier and far more interesting.

S1 is an AS unit and S2 is an A2 unit.

S1 is easier but I prefer teaching S2 - it would not be sensible to take S2 without doing S1 first.
Fun to learn, I would say S1 for the most part.

Easier? S1 as well.
I found S2 easier to learn but also easier to make stupid mistakes on too, but really you need to know S1 first. If you end up liking normal distribution in S1 though you'll love S2 because it's full of distributions...
Original post by k4l397
I found S2 easier to learn but also easier to make stupid mistakes on too, but really you need to know S1 first. If you end up liking normal distribution in S1 though you'll love S2 because it's full of distributions...

Self teaching S2 and this statement has made me so depressed 😂 absolutely hated normal distribution 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
Self teaching S2 and this statement has made me so depressed 😂 absolutely hated normal distribution 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it makes you feel any better, S2 is a really small topic, there isn't a huge amount they can test you on. It's not unusual to get 2 or 3 really similar questions in the same exam paper. So that makes it better even if you really don't like distributions.
Original post by k4l397
If it makes you feel any better, S2 is a really small topic, there isn't a huge amount they can test you on. It's not unusual to get 2 or 3 really similar questions in the same exam paper. So that makes it better even if you really don't like distributions.

Ah okay thank-you!
Is it doable to self teach S2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
Ah okay thank-you!
Is it doable to self teach S2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely - I didn't myself but I'd say it was one of the easier topics. There are loads of resources on the internet for it too if you get stuck. Not 100% sure if I still have them but I think I have some good powerpoints on S2 somewhere (think it's on my other computer). I can send you them if you want? Just pm me if so and I'll do it next time I'm at my other computer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending