The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I haven't either
Has anyone who is doing the Belfast met route heard anything aside from the email from Vanessa at UU stating Belfast met would be in touch?
No I haven't heard anything either, was getting a bit worried glad i'm not the only one
Original post by Tess0129
No I haven't heard anything either, was getting a bit worried glad i'm not the only one

I was thinking it was just me, I was starting to panic as I have had to hand my notice in!
hey guys - i'm going Belfast met also...been patiently awaiting a letter for registration instructions....lol here's hoping it'll come tomorrow!!! :P
Hey. Just got registered with niscc. If you already had a niscc accounts before from previous jobs go to aye apply now, if it doesn't appear on your application (didn't on mine) ring niscc and they will open the box. From there just fill in your details. Will come up queens university and bachelor of social work ugr and what year you're doing. If you already had an Application before you don't need to reupload your documents or get an endorser to sign them. But just confirm that with niscc as I didn't have too. Also anyone going to the family open day on the 12th September? And does anyone know if queens send of our access ni forms Or do we? And has anyone heard from queens about our bursary? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Sconlon96
Hey. Just got registered with niscc. If you already had a niscc accounts before from previous jobs go to aye apply now, if it doesn't appear on your application (didn't on mine) ring niscc and they will open the box. From there just fill in your details. Will come up queens university and bachelor of social work ugr and what year you're doing. If you already had an Application before you don't need to reupload your documents or get an endorser to sign them. But just confirm that with niscc as I didn't have too. Also anyone going to the family open day on the 12th September? And does anyone know if queens send of our access ni forms Or do we? And has anyone heard from queens about our bursary? Thanks :smile:

hi we get the first part of our bursary in november as far as i know queens sorts everyrhing out
Original post by khutchinson06
hi we get the first part of our bursary in november as far as i know queens sorts everyrhing out

That's great, thanks :smile:
Original post by Sconlon96
That's great, thanks :smile:

do queens not sort niscc out for us as in give us instructions to complete it i thought they said that at the info evening. Panicking now if thats not the case
Original post by khutchinson06
do queens not sort niscc out for us as in give us instructions to complete it i thought they said that at the info evening. Panicking now if thats not the case

Oh I'm not sure. I assumed that we had to sort out our registration for ourselves just like UU had too! But it isn't too hard to sort our, shouldn't make a difference either way I don't think
Reply 1710
Anyone able to help me? Filling NISCC form who can verify our photocopies of identification??
Reply 1711
I also thought we would find out about registering with the niscc at the welcome week etc for the rgr route but i think I will ring up this week and ask!

I haven't had a chance to get the reading list yet but I know queens recommended for the course where Pamela Trevithicks book social work skills and my friend who is a graduate student social worker swears by it and it was good help for the interview etc
Do we need them vertifyed? I though we just had to send the copies off
Reply 1713
Original post by Derrygirl
Do we need them vertifyed? I though we just had to send the copies off

It said something about having the originals photocopied and verified by someone, will double check again later when home but 99% we do
Yah but I thought because we are registering as a student we only need to send copies ?
Reply 1715
Original post by Derrygirl
Yah but I thought because we are registering as a student we only need to send copies ?

Ohh god I'm not sure now, maybe someone else knows on here? I'm maybe panicking myself over nothing then lol
Hi guys, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one has recieved next to no information from queens. Is the induction week starting the 17th? I wouldn't worry too much about the NISCC registration, its a very quick process and the forms come out within a few days.
Original post by RangerDanger
Hi guys, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one has recieved next to no information from queens. Is the induction week starting the 17th? I wouldn't worry too much about the NISCC registration, its a very quick process and the forms come out within a few days.
hey i think welcome week is the 21st but we are supposed to get emails with more info
Ah ok that's grand thanks
hey would anybody maybe want to meet up for coffee to talk about the course. I think it would be good to get to know everybody

Quick Reply