Students on campus
York St John University
York

Going to uni but not really into clubbing

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SwillDawson
Hey everyone,
I'm starting at York St John University in a couple of weeks and I am worried I'll be the only one who isn't really into going clubbing. I just don't find it enjoyable. I'm not against drinking (I do) and having fun, but it's just not really for me - I have a girlfriend so I'm not looking to pull and I don't usually like the music and find it sweaty and boring and prefer just doing things in which I can have a good time with friends and actually chat, like pubs and nights in with good food and films etc, or stuff like going to the cinema etc.
I just wondered if anyone is in the same position as I am or has been in that position and how they found it. I don't want to not make friends at uni cos I'm not into those things. I did just think ill just do it whether I like it or not to make friends, but then that wouldn't really work because then they wouldn't really be my kind of people if that's all they are into!
Thanks in advance!

Don't worry you will find many others like you! I for one don't go clubbing or drink alcohol. Try to meet others through societies which you have shared interests with :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Reply 2
Original post by AzimH
Don't worry you will find many others like you! I for one don't go clubbing or drink alcohol. Try to meet others through societies which you have shared interests with :smile:

Thanks mate, I do plan to join a number of societies so hopefully that'll work for me :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks mate, I do plan to join a number of societies so hopefully that'll work for me :smile:

Awesome! I wish you all the best and let me know how it goes. To be honest, I'm terrified that I might not fit in as well. Hopefully there are others with my warped sense of humor.
Reply 4
Original post by AzimH
Awesome! I wish you all the best and let me know how it goes. To be honest, I'm terrified that I might not fit in as well. Hopefully there are others with my warped sense of humor.

Cheers, mate! You too! What uni are you going to?
Reply 5

Goldsmiths University of London to study psychology! What about you mate?
Reply 6

haha ignore my dumb post. I just realised you mentioned what uni you're going to in your original post.
Reply 7
Original post by AzimH
haha ignore my dumb post. I just realised you mentioned what uni you're going to in your original post.

Haha that's okay. But I too am Psycholgy :smile:
Reply 8
Haha that's okay. But I too am Psycholgy :smile:

Haha cool. Hopefully you do well in your course. If you don't mind me asking, what societies do you plan to join?

I plan to join many sports related society and I hope to take up Muay thai while in uni.
Reply 9
Original post by AzimH
Haha cool. Hopefully you do well in your course. If you don't mind me asking, what societies do you plan to join?

I plan to join many sports related society and I hope to take up Muay thai while in uni.

Thanks! Good luck to you too. I'm undecided yet. I'll just see how it goes once I'm there.
Reply 10
Thanks! Good luck to you too. I'm undecided yet. I'll just see how it goes once I'm there.

Thanks! And again, wish you all the best. Take care bro.
Hey everyone,
I'm starting at York St John University in a couple of weeks and I am worried I'll be the only one who isn't really into going clubbing. I just don't find it enjoyable. I'm not against drinking (I do) and having fun, but it's just not really for me - I have a girlfriend so I'm not looking to pull and I don't usually like the music and find it sweaty and boring and prefer just doing things in which I can have a good time with friends and actually chat, like pubs and nights in with good food and films etc, or stuff like going to the cinema etc.
I just wondered if anyone is in the same position as I am or has been in that position and how they found it. I don't want to not make friends at uni cos I'm not into those things. I did just think ill just do it whether I like it or not to make friends, but then that wouldn't really work because then they wouldn't really be my kind of people if that's all they are into!
Thanks in advance!

As a general fact, if anyone is going to York then they are not really into clubbing. The nightlife is limited at best so you don't have a problem.
Hey if you're on facebook there's a post in the YSJ group and group chat for people that aren't into clubbing and stuff. Though I soon muted the group chat because people started posting memes and stuff.

I actually like clubbing but from what I gather the nights out in York aren't that great and I don't like the idea of going to a club playing terrible music and spending money, so I'd much rather stay in.
Reply 13
Original post by AzimH
Thanks! And again, wish you all the best. Take care bro.

Same to you. Best of luck with everything!
Reply 14
Original post by dannyc500
Hey if you're on facebook there's a post in the YSJ group and group chat for people that aren't into clubbing and stuff. Though I soon muted the group chat because people started posting memes and stuff.

I actually like clubbing but from what I gather the nights out in York aren't that great and I don't like the idea of going to a club playing terrible music and spending money, so I'd much rather stay in.

Hey, thanks. Do you have a link?
Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance!

Hellloooo, I'm at York St John too (1st year) and not into drinking, just wondering how you're finding it?

Quick Reply

Latest