The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Don't see what's wrong with that at all .You sound learn what the word actually means.

Some of Rangers greatest players of recent memory have been Catholic. It has nothing to do with religion. It's about them supporting terrorism, being traitors to their own country, hating the country they live in and thinking that they are Irish but not living there and covering up paedophilia at their club.

We are talking about them joining the English league system, which will never happen anyway, so you should be thinking about why should English people want to see a club which supports an organisation which bombed their own cities enter their league system?

just lol if you think Rangers arent viciously sectarian

also worth noting that the only part of britain where an Irish identity lingers is Glasgow. I cant think why? maybe a reaction to anti-irishness? if irish decent kids grow hearing that theyre 'taig papists' they might just believe it.

you yourself try to conflate the RC Church and Celtic, then rant when they take on that identity . can't have it both ways pal
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Sorry for going off topic but some of the nonsense I've seen in here needs addressing.

The Celtic support of today are very anti-sectarian. You won't hear any chants about Protestants at Paradise. Same unfortunately can't be said for sevco and their vile fans. The old club who died in 2012 had a decades long policy of not signing Catholics. Even today their fans sing hate filled songs about Catholics.

As for Celtic fans supporting terrorism, we sing songs about the IRA who fought for Irish independence. Is there anything wrong with that?

Celtic fans pushed for a yes vote, while the zombies did the opposite;so much for hating our own country.

There is no evidence to suggest Jock Stein knew about the disgusting paedophilia at Celtic boys club. The vile man in question who committed those acts was actually a hun.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

also worth noting that the only part of britain where an Irish identity lingers is Glasgow. I cant think why? maybe a reaction to anti-irishness? if irish decent kids grow hearing that theyre 'taig papists' they might just believe it.

you yourself try to conflate the RC Church and Celtic, then rant when they take on that identity . can't have it both ways pal

No it's not?

Anyway:

Abusing our Mark Walters.

Some Celtic supporters racially abused Walters throughout the match and threw hundreds of bananas on to the playing surface. At one point, the game had to be stopped so the fruit could be cleared off the pitch.

A great bunch of lads.
Original post by M67

As for Celtic fans supporting terrorism, we sing songs about the IRA who fought for Irish independence. Is there anything wrong with that?

Fighting for independence by blowing up innocent members of the public. Yes. There's a lot wrong with that.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Fighting for independence by blowing up innocent members of the public. Yes. There's a lot wrong with that.

If you replace independence with freedom (read oil) and you've got the U.S and UK :wink:
Reply 65
Original post by TornadoGR4

You need to take 5 minutes to read 20th century Irish history. The IRA sung about by Celtic fans were the IRA that fought in the Irish war of independence. The PIRA, who committed the atrocities you're talking about didn't exist and wouldn't exist until about 50 years later.
I voted no, but mainly because this happening would just be twisting the knife that's in the back of Scottish football.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Merging the League Cup is a great idea.

There used to be an Anglo-Scottish cup that existed at some point, I'm pretty sure. If it worked then, why can't it now?
If you are going to admit the Old Firm, then the rest of Scottish football has to come as well in my opinion.

While your at it, may as well admit Wales and N. Ireland as well.

And yes, that is about as fanciful as me farting myself to the moon and back.
Original post by United1892
They're not traitors, since they were never loyal to the UK in the first place.

Also you don't dislike terrorists?

They're traitors because they are standing in the UK, hating the UK.
Original post by M67
The old club who died in 2012 had a decades long policy of not signing Catholics.

That's a lie.

Original post by M67

Yes, there is. Anti-British murderous marxist scum should not be supported by any civilised person.

Original post by M67
Celtic fans pushed for a yes vote, while the zombies did the opposite;so much for hating our own country.

Yes voters hate their own country. A yes vote is spitting in the face of real Scottish patriotism.

Original post by M67
There is no evidence to suggest Jock Stein knew about the disgusting paedophilia at Celtic boys club.

Yes, there is. Multiple ex-Celtic players and staff admitted it in court.

Original post by M67
The vile man in question who committed those acts was actually a hun.

So you aren't sectarian but you are using the word "hun" to refer to Protestants? Was he even a Protestant? I have no idea but it doesn't actually matter either way if he was. What matters is that your club covered it up and allowed it to happen for years.
Original post by Zürich

No, I didn't. I was talking about the paedophile scandal at Celtic in 60s that was covered up by the club and their most revered manager.

I actually have a lot of respect for the Catholic Church, well before Vatican II anyway, and that is nothing to do with why I hate that football club and their fans. They epitomize the poor little victim culture that we have today. Most of them aren't actually Catholic in any serious way. They are marxist terrorist lovers playing the victim while attacking anything to do with Britain, Scotland's real heritage or the British army. I personally know an ex-Celtic fan who stopped supporting them because of how the treated him for being an ex-servicemen and for wearing a poppy to honour his fallen brothers.
Reply 72
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
That's a lie.

Yes, there is. Anti-British murderous marxist scum should not be supported by any civilised person.

Yes voters hate their own country. A yes vote is spitting in the face of real Scottish patriotism.

Yes, there is. Multiple ex-Celtic players and staff admitted it in court.

So you aren't sectarian but you are using the word "hun" to refer to Protestants? Was he even a Protestant? I have no idea but it doesn't actually matter either way if he was. What matters is that your club covered it up and allowed it to happen for years.

No it's not a lie. Jock Stein was asked if he had a choice of signing a Catholic player and a Protestant player who he'd sign, he responded by saying he'd sign the Protestant because he knew rangers wouldn't sign the Catholic. That tells you everything you need to know. The hun kit man even refused to take Mo Johnstons kit out on match days cause he had the cheek to be Catholic.

Of course the IRA were anti-British. Britain had colonised Ireland for 800 years, banned the speaking of the Irish language and banned the farming of potatoes which resulted in the deaths of millions of Irish. What do you expect?

Care to explain how a yes vote is 'spitting in the face of real Scottish patriotism'?

If that's the case then why was Jock Stein never brought up on any criminal charges? Big Jock knew how to win a European Cup.

'Hun' isn't a word to reference Protestants. It's one of many words used referring to fans of sevco, and also to the now deceased rangers 1872.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mmm778899
They're traitors because they are standing in the UK, hating the UK.

Poor reasoning.
Original post by United1892
Poor reasoning.

What is a traitor then?
Original post by mmm778899
What is a traitor then?

a person who betrays someone or something, such as a friend, cause, or principle.
Reply 76
The reason sectarianism is so rife in Glasgow to this day is not because children are told they are "taig papists" but because children at 5 years old are put into segregated schools - told that they are indifferent from the child next door based on religion. The issue lies with divisive, outdated legislation - not on some uneducated misconception bought into by a small minority of people (such as yourself) that clearly have very little insight or understand to the social issue.
Original post by Zürich

Original post by bamup
The reason sectarianism is so rife in Glasgow to this day is not because children are told they are "taig papists" but because children at 5 years old are put into segregated schools - told that they are indifferent from the child next door based on religion. The issue lies with divisive, outdated legislation - not on some uneducated misconception bought into by a small minority of people (such as yourself) that clearly have very little insight or understand to the social issue.

What was the original reason for this segregation??

There are catholic schools all over the UK but only in Glasgow does this kind of issue linger. Is it because back in the day kids of Irish decent were hounded and abused because of their origin whereas in the rest of the UK it wasnt really an issue? I think it might be.
If you want t a United Kingdom Then Scotland’s top teams should have direct entry Into premiership status .. due to their status as top team or teams in Scotland , No wander Scottish nationalist want independences . Only if you unite teams in the United Kingdom only then you can put to bed the thought of independence In Scotland for a very long time .Believe it or not football is a powerful weapon loved by so many
Reply 79
This thread 100% goes to show why they shouldn’t be playing in the English game. Absolute ****show.

Latest