The Student Room Group

AS level

Hi guys,
After getting my GCSE results and getting into the college of my first choice, I decided to change my results;

History-
(A World Turned Upside Down: the Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil War, 1603-60
The Era of the Iron Curtain: the Cold War in Europe, 1941-95
From Slaves to Citizens: Civil Rights in the USA, 1865-1992)

English language
Sociology
English literature-
(tess of the d'urbervilles and frankenstein)

Let me know if you're studying any of the same subjects/ and any of the same books or courses! I know I'm taking 2 English people might think i'm crazy but I'm going to see which one I enjoy most and drop one before my A-Levels! I don't know if I'm for sure doing English Literature as my college have to confirm in a week, to make sure I can get in one of the classes, but fingers crossed. :biggrin:
i take english lit and i really like it! AS was fun, i loved the variety we did!
Original post by purplewitch
i take english lit and i really like it! AS was fun, i loved the variety we did!

What books did you do?:smile:
We did the handmaids tale, top girls, a streetcar named desire and loads of extracts from others such as the colour purple and small island and we did some poetry too. I really liked it!
Original post by purplewitch
We did the handmaids tale, top girls, a streetcar named desire and loads of extracts from others such as the colour purple and small island and we did some poetry too. I really liked it!

I'm doing Frankestein and the handmaids tale and not sure for the other two! Could you pop me a message?:smile:
Hi.

I'm doing AS (Edexcel) English Lit this year too. I'll be studying The Handmaid's Tale, A Streetcar Named Desire, Frankenstein and “Poems of the Decade”.
Original post by tacitae
Hi.

I'm doing AS (Edexcel) English Lit this year too. I'll be studying The Handmaid's Tale, A Streetcar Named Desire, Frankenstein and “Poems of the Decade”.

I'm doing all of those but A Streetcar Named Desire, perhaps we could exchange notes in the near future!
Original post by 10studentlife
I'm doing all of those but A Streetcar Named Desire, perhaps we could exchange notes in the near future!

Of course. :smile: I'm also studying English Language and Sociology, by the way.
Original post by User2082079
Of course. :smile: I'm also studying English Language and Sociology, by the way.

Hey im trying to message you and it wont let me? Please drop me a message I have something important!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending