The Student Room Group

Not wanting to be someone's friend anymore IS basically breaking up with them.

The end of a friendship is the same as the end of a romantic relationship.

Friendships and romantic relationships are both forms of (interpersonal) relationships.

In a friendship and a romantic relationship you spend time with someone or a someones

You most likely have similar interests.

You support your friend/romantic partner whenever they need help.

You invest your time and energy into keeping both relationships alive.
You may/may not give/receive gifts from your friend/romantic partner.

Both relationships may last years or may months.

The effects of the ending of a friendship/romantic relationship can be hard on the person who was told that the relationship was over as they would most likely want the relationship to be continued.

They may not want to get over their friend/romantic partner.
They may be attached to them.
They may feel depressed.
They can however get support from their (other) friends which can help dealing with the end of their relationship.

It could take them years to get over their relationship coming to an end, especially when they have invested so much time and energy into the relationship..

When someone ends a relationship they could just ignore the other person(s) not thinking about their feelings at all which is horrible. They may leave them without warning or without a reason which can leave the other person(s) confused and upset, no one should ever have to go though that.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

True. But tone down your preaching just a little bit.
Actually, for once I agree with you. Although that's probably because I'm needy and obsessive and would have sex with most of my friends if it meant they stayed in my life.
Sort of. But it's not nearly the same intensity of bond for me in a friendship as a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you purposefully trying to wind people up? Or are you really that dim?

You may see the world like this but accept the fact that the majority of the population doesn't.

Just accept it. You'll have peace.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just like relationships, friendship break ups happen for a reason. Not just because people dont want to talk to you, but because people in general get busy with their own lives before they consider friends. Priorities.

Once again, its life.
I definitely feel this way, when we was younger my best friend found new friends and forgot about me and I felt very upset. I thought that I'd never find another friend like her. However I moved on and realised she wasn't that great xD
Original post by 雷尼克
Please, I'm begging you, stop posting! You're irrational, deluded and you're probably going to end up causing a mass shooting

I'm NOT irrational or deluded! I am making perfect sense! I'm not going to shoot anyone. I'm not mentally ill..
Original post by choc biscuit
Are you purposefully trying to wind people up? Or are you really that dim?

You may see the world like this but accept the fact that the majority of the population doesn't.

Just accept it. You'll have peace.

I'm not stupid nor am I trying to wind people up. I don't understand why people don't take friendships seriously.
Even the relationships breakdown the same as friendships, they then end with a bang. Unless something happens in friendships, when they die it kinda fizzles out in the same way but it isn't as intense. You realise one day that it ended long ago but you've since moved on. Only the best of friendships are close to a break up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Actually, for once I agree with you. Although that's probably because I'm needy and obsessive and would have sex with most of my friends if it meant they stayed in my life.

Same lol, people don't know all they have to do is seriously ask.
OP, I agree.

Also, I don't know why, yet again, you're getting abuse :s-smilie:

Original post by Crystalz
Same lol, people don't know all they have to do is seriously ask.

All your friends have to do if they want sex is... Ask? :hmmm:

Spoiler

Original post by Law-Hopeful
OP, I agree.

Also, I don't know why, yet again, you're getting abuse :s-smilie:

All your friends have to do if they want sex is... Ask? :hmmm:

Spoiler

I'm getting abuse due to my thread I made about my friendship which could be over which is a break up.
I don't stick my dick in my friends.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I'm getting abuse due to my thread I made about my friendship which could be over which is a break up.

Not that exactly, more so how you create threads for advice and then take nobody's advice.

Not abuse, more so irritated by your personal stance
Original post by Arkasia
I don't stick my dick in my friends.

What you do with your penis has nothing to do with this thread
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Not that exactly, more so how you create threads for advice and then take nobody's advice.

Not abuse, more so irritated by your personal stance

I only made one thread

No one understands that I have deep love for my friends becuase they made me feel loved and happy as before I met them I was sad. It's normal to tell your friends that you love them that you miss them that you care about them and that they are important to you.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I only made one thread

No one understands that I have deep love for my friends becuase they made me feel loved and happy as before I met them I was sad. It's normal to tell your friends that you love them that you miss them that you care about them and that they are important to you.

You've made about 50 threads mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
primary school best friend breaks ups were the worst :cry2: who was I gonna sit with at lunch if I didn't have my sidekick huh :puppyeyes:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
primary school best friend breaks ups were the worst :cry2: Who was i gonna sit with at lunch if i didn't have my sidekick huh :puppyeyes:

the teacher
Original post by Moonstruck16
You've made about 50 threads mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have oly ade oe thread about my friends ignoring me. All my other threads related to my friends were about my love for my friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending